Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Gasoline

3K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  jeeper9187 
#1 ·
What gasoline do you use in your jeep and why ?

#2 ·
Replied to your other thread, but basically...

Whatever it says on the gas cap or the manual.

#6 ·
no such thing as a mom and pop refinery out there...
all your gas comes from a limited pool ,in some cases quite literally as they share the same pipeline.
additives are induced at the distributor or in some cases at the pump station.

i'm also bias"d as my work involves maintaining refineries , so i tend to buy local when applicable
that said i still picture oil spills when I see a Exxon or BP station

#7 ·
I use a careful mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 kerosine cheap and runs like a champ.

#9 ·
I run a carefully calibrated mix of short- and long-chain, straight and cyclic hydrocarbons, mostly paraffins, olefins and cycloalkanes, with 10% corn alcohol mixed in.

As luck would have it, my local gas station has it in stock!

#24 ·
ConocoPhillips 66 ....87 have tired a little 89,91,but I've never ran it for multi tanks . All seemed the same to me. Made feel like I did something special when I did it then quickly realize there is no difference and probably a wasted money.
That being said I have tried to run 91 areas but it says it didn't have any ethanol . Our lexus RX. Says recommended premium but to be honest with you I've never knows the difference on which grade of gas I put in it mileage either
Eads

#27 ·
Nope

#30 ·
The OP really needs to read the owners manual..I'm fairly sure it also tells you what engine oil to use and probably when to change the oil. One thing I could not find was what type of blinker fluid is used. So I just used distilled water, with a few drops of dish soap for lubrication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.