Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Eastern Jackson County/Blue Springs

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bbtj 
#1 ·
Any Jeep/4x4/off road clubs in the area?
Any wheeling areas around here?
Anyone up for a beer!

#2 ·
There is the KC Jeep Club, their web site is kcjeepclub.org. As for wheeling, the closest is Kansas Rocks Park, near Fort Scott, Ks. They are open on the weekends and charge a fee. The closest free area, that I know of is Tuttle Creek, outside of Manhattan, Ks. There is also SMORR, outside of Seymour, Mo. They are also charge a fee. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=214785288506089589530.00048577562642e0ba1e1. You can look at this map, which I found on the web, so I'm not going to vouch for it's accuracy.

#3 ·
There is the KC Jeep Club, their web site is kcjeepclub.org. As for wheeling, the closest is Kansas Rocks Park, near Fort Scott, Ks. They are open on the weekends and charge a fee. The closest free area, that I know of is Tuttle Creek, outside of Manhattan, Ks. There is also SMORR, outside of Seymour, Mo. They are also charge a fee. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=214785288506089589530.00048577562642e0ba1e1. You can look at this map, which I found on the web, so I'm not going to vouch for it's accuracy.
What do you know about Tuttle Creek? I used to go fishing there a long time ago, but I don't recall any place to go wheeling? Are you in the KC Jeep Club? I've been on their web site and keep meaning to drop in on one of their meetings, but something seems to take precedence every time it comes along.

#4 ·
Tuttle Creek is kind of rocky, with some mud in places and several easy trails. Also depending on how the water is, some of the trails may be covered in water and impassable. I know that during the week, there is not much activity, but there can be a lot on the weekends. I haven't been there in about a year. I think on the link, it is called Randolph ORV Park. It is maintained by the National Parks Service, and you have to be out by dusk, no camping allowed.

Yes, I am a member of the KC Jeep Club. You can become an on-line member, which will give you access to most areas on the forum. The only sections you won't be able to access are the members discussion areas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.