Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

best 1" lift option

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Ruby Tuesday 
#1 ·
Hello - I'm planning on buying a Rubicon and putting 35" tires on it.

I want to minimize the lift. Based on a previous thread I think a 1" lift will probably be my best bet.

When I add the 1" lift I want to avoid degrading performance/ride quality as much as possible. So what are my best options?

#2 ·
35" and 1" lift will result in major clearance issues if disconnected.

#4 ·
front sway bars disconnected to give maximum travel for off roading.

#5 ·
Go with a 2.5" budget boost at least if you want to run 35's. I have the teraflex leveler (2" front, 1" rear) and would not feel comfortable running 35's when flexed...plus it will look very squatty.

#6 ·
Eibach makes a pretty minimal 1.5" lift, I think (just springs). Obviously more known for their work in performance cars than Jeeps though... I don't know where most rubbing would occur, but with increased back spacing on wheels and trimmed or replaced fenders you will reduce the amount of lift necessary.

#7 ·
How about flat fenders and no lift?

Look here: https://www.quadratec.com/products/12506_4444_07.htm

Otherwise I'd do a 2.5" lift, just in case you ever actually want to take it offroad. 35s under 1" of lift will rub stock fender flares if you flex the suspension over uneven terrain.

#8 ·
How about flat fenders and no lift?

Look here: https://www.quadratec.com/products/12506_4444_07.htm

Otherwise I'd do a 2.5" lift, just in case you ever actually want to take it offroad. 35s under 1" of lift will rub stock fender flares if you flex the suspension over uneven terrain.
X2 flat fenders.

You can easily add spacers only in the front to level the jeep. A leveling kit will give it a small lift overall and level the jeep.

#11 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I should have mentioned that I plan on getting a 4-door rubicon and I plan on getting flat fenders and stubby bumpers.

Supposedly this is a vid of a wrangler with 35" tires and only 1" pucks on the front:

YouTube

And this maneuvering is well beyond what I plan on doing in my Wrangler.

#12 ·
Ranch 2" sport. Forget the puck lift.
You'll be compressing the springs anyway so why not put on the new springs and Rancho 9000 shocks at the same time?
I did not even have to get the Jeep re-aligned afterward which REALLY surprised me.
Consider quick disconnects too since you'll be in there.
The 2" required longer end links but I did not have to buy a new set since my discos are adjustable.

Food for thought.

#13 ·
Ranch 2" sport. Forget the puck lift.
You'll be compressing the springs anyway so why not put on the new springs and Rancho 9000 shocks at the same time?
I did not even have to get the Jeep re-aligned afterward which REALLY surprised me.
Consider quick disconnects too since you'll be in there.
The 2" required longer end links but I did not have to buy a new set since my discos are adjustable.

Food for thought.
Good call :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.