Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (https://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (https://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   Tops, tops, le tops. (https://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/tops-tops-le-tops-69500.html)

Zach. 11-19-2010 02:49 PM

Tops, tops, le tops.

I only have a bikini top for my wrangler. I need a top. What would you suggest?? What places would have the best prices?

Wiegand 11-19-2010 02:51 PM

Buy one used for 50% of more cheaper on Craigslist.

NAVYCHIEF 11-19-2010 02:56 PM

get one with pink polka dots. the bottom too.
personally, i'd buy new. now telling how long a used one will last. it could look real good and tear on installation or at the first puff of wind heading up pch.

wasomma 11-19-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAVYCHIEF (Post 884616)
get one with pink polka dots. the bottom too.
personally, i'd buy new. now telling how long a used one will last. it could look real good and tear on installation or at the first puff of wind heading up pch.

soft top windows get scratched often when you take the top down. If you can find a good deal on a new one Id go for that instead. Whats your budget?

VHunter 11-19-2010 06:10 PM

Beware of craigslist and compare their price to new. Around here most people are asking the same price or higher than a new one from Quadratec or 4wd.com sells them for. Most of the cheaper tops already have holes in them.

Zach. 12-26-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasomma

soft top windows get scratched often when you take the top down. If you can find a good deal on a new one Id go for that instead. Whats your budget?

My budget is about $1000 dollars.

monkeee2002 12-26-2010 09:19 PM

What year of Wrangler are we talking about here?
Do you half full doors? Half doors with uppers & door surrounds?
How about this type of top?
Hard tops are gonna be spendy, and if you don't already have the hardware for a soft top, you may want to think about the bowless. There are reviews on the forums, just search for "bowless top".
https://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Ima.../113633-md.jpg

YJman 12-26-2010 09:20 PM

oh you can get a nice soft top for $1000 :) Check out quadratec. Best top makes a good top.

JDsDream 12-26-2010 09:30 PM

Check all the usual places (quadratec, 4wp, whitney) and compare prices. Most will meet or beat the others advertised prices so do your homework and shop around. Make sure you figure in shipping as well. If you have a local place that sells them you may pay a little more, but will average out by not having to pay the shipping costs.

jp2611 12-26-2010 09:37 PM

May also want to look at half top from Bestop-all hard ware included and gives you option of flip open portion over front seats. Gives your Jeep different look.

MikeMTJ 12-26-2010 10:30 PM

Soft top is only gonna run you about $600. I say stay away from craigslist because old tops can smell really bad. Hard tops for YJs are fairly cheap on eBay and Craigslist.

Softopper makes a frameless top that is about $489. I've considered getting one.

Zach. 12-27-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeee2002
What year of Wrangler are we talking about here?
Do you half full doors? Half doors with uppers & door surrounds?
How about this type of top?
Hard tops are gonna be spendy, and if you don't already have the hardware for a soft top, you may want to think about the bowless. There are reviews on the forums, just search for "bowless top".

That top looks really interesting, but I have a 1990 YJ without the extended roll bars in the back so I can only put on soft tops with a frame.

JeepAddOns-Chris 12-27-2010 10:59 PM

For the features and price, you can't beat a Rampage soft top. I'm running one on my YJ. It has nice features that you don't get with other companies, it's quiet and it fits great. I don't know if you need hardware or not, but we're running a $50 instant rebate on all Rampage full tops with or without hardware right now if you want to PM me for details.