Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What to get???

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tarby 
#1 ·
Rc 2.5" lift or Re 2.5" lift
Pros and cons

#4 ·
I'd be careful buying an RE lift (not trying to shut the guy down above me). I wouldve recommended the same but word is that they're having financial troubles so you may not get much in the way of customer service. I also heard its hard to come by one of their lifts now a days.

#6 ·
RE is backed and owned by 4 wheel parts company now. No need to worry about them becoming extinct. I have the RE 2.5 on my 95 YJ. I basically copied what JP magazine did a while back when they built up their 4 cyl. YJ. I put boomerang shackles in the back and heavier standard ones in the front. Total amount of lift since settling is 3.25 inches. I park next to my buddy with a 2002 TJ with a rough country 2.5 kit (basic one) and I sit as high as his jeep-and he has 33" tires and I have 30" tires still...eventually I'll do 32" when these ones wear out. Here is my 95

#7 ·
RE is still in reorganization.....From their website the Pres of 4 Wheel Parts says they hope to begin selling parts by August.

Having run the RE 2-1/2" kit for several years now not sure I'd spend the money again for RE. One blown shock and rusting leaf packs. For twice the price of RC I expected more.

#8 ·
Yeah I checked their site a while back, and talked to a sales person from 4wd on my last order...said it was looking pretty good for them...

If I was gonna do this lift over, I'd go with RE, but maybe try Skyjacker...my buddy that has a jeep shop has had his 4" Skyjacker lift on his 94 YJ for 6 years and it is as good as it was when he put it in...no sagging and still smooth.

OME would be my second choice, just not sure what spring rates I would get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.