Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Jeep back in December 2013. I've had it for a little over a year, and I've gotten a few things done to it since then.

Here goes the build:

This is how it was the day it got here. It had a sagging 2" Skyjacker lift. 33x12.5" ProComp Xtreme M/T.

I had to go have some fun with it..

First addition I made was a Smittybilt Stinger bumper. As much as people hate on Smittybilt, I haven't had an issue with it to this day. I also put on black headlight bezels, new headlights, and a black gas tank cover. Here she is all clean.

Then I had to go get dirty..

After that I got some KC Daylighters for some extra light at night. She's clean again.

Shortly after that I got some black/ red covers for them. I also got a Rampage Frameless soft top. For the little bit of summer we get here, it's great.

Next, I realized my exhaust was rusted so bad that it was only holding on by the hangars. So I bought a new MBRP cat-back.

Shortly after that I got a 4" Rough Country lift, a Metal Cloak adjustable track bar, Metal Cloak license plate relocator, removed the rear flares (and got temporary new pocket flares that I am currently using through the winter), some shackles, and a Smittybilt tail gate G.E.A.R holder.

Last thing to add for now, I decided to paint the silver on my rims flat black. It turned out great. I also got a Hi-Lift jack mount to put my jack on the rear bumper.

I currently have Barricade Tube Fenders waiting to get installed. Along with new spark plugs and entry guards. I will have the Crown HD Steering assembly here soon, and rear tube fenders to match the front. Also the River Raiders breather tube extension kit will be going in when it warms up.

As soon as the snow goes, and spring starts I will be coating the inside of my frame with Eastwood Internal Frame Coating, and painting the outside with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. I will be POR-15ing my floorboards, then bedlining the whole interior.

After that, this is my to-do list:
Rear bumper with tire carrier (Smittybilt)
New tires (Goodyear DuraTracs)
Adjustable Control Arms (Metal Cloak)
Tummy Tuck
SYE (Adam's)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to give a run down on the actual specs.

It's a '00 Sport, with the i6, 3-speed automatic. I have a rear Dana 44.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a picture from this past November at the Fall Crawl with my local Jeep group.

That is basically how it sits now, except for the addition of the rear pocket flares so I don't kick up so much road salt lol

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
As soon as the snow goes, and spring starts I will be coating the inside of my frame with Eastwood Internal Frame Coating, and painting the outside with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. I will be POR-15ing my floorboards, then bedlining the whole interior.

After that, this is my to-do list:
Rear bumper with tire carrier (Smittybilt)
New tires (Goodyear DuraTracs)
Adjustable Control Arms (Metal Cloak)
Tummy Tuck
SYE (Adam's)
Looks good! Sealing up the frame is a great idea. I just did a frame swap over the summer due to rot. I used POR on the outside and Eastwood on the inside. Then I hit the whole underside with FluidFilm. I'll reapply every 6 months or so to keep it all rust free. One frame swap was enough for me! Keep up the good work!

-Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts