Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my 2.5 clutch (my first DIY clutch job), and replaced the slave cylinder and throw out bearing at the same time. The clutch engages very high on the pedal travel, which it did before I replaced it. Also, I seem to get a whiff of burning clutch smell when I am at a full stop and waiting for a light with the pedal fully depressed. I replaced the slave cylinder with the type that comes pre-filled and bled. So should I be concerned by this? I am particularly puzzled by that burning clutch smell when the pedal is fully depressed. The very high bite also bugs me and makes me wonder if I did something wrong. Thoughts?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bump, to help you out.

I've only replaced my slave cylinder, not my clutch, so I wouldn't know sir.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Sounds like something is wrong, but without witnessing your installation, I couldn't guess what. The two things you have going on are almost opposites. If your clutch is not engaging until the top of pedal travel, one would expect that there might be smell at that point from a slipping clutch, and not when the pedal is depressed.

I know you're not going to want to hear this, but it sounds to me like an issue with the clutch install itself and not the hydraulics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts