Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01 Wrangler. Need to replace all speakers. For the fronts, I was going to put in replacement 4x6 but reading all the threads and it getting confused, I am trying to possibility put in 5.25. What bracket do I need to make them fit in the factory location?

For the sound bar, I see I can put in 6.5 instead of 5.25. What recommendations for speakers and are any of these able to fit without drilling new location holes?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see this one. But it definitely helped. Going to go with 5.25 all around. May buy higher output for the soundbar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently replaced all four factory speakers. Rockford Fosgate 5.25" in the sound bar & Pioneer 5.25" in the dash. No add-on amps or subs. Sound is vastly improved over the factory junk.

Used the recommended upgrade bracket in the dash. Be aware that you may have to modify the existing mounts to get the brackets and speakers to fit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently replaced all four factory speakers. Rockford Fosgate 5.25" in the sound bar & Pioneer 5.25" in the dash. No add-on amps or subs. Sound is vastly improved over the factory junk. Used the recommended upgrade bracket in the dash. Be aware that you may have to modify the existing mounts to get the brackets and speakers to fit.
Why did you put different speakers in soundbar vs the front?

What modification?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a 01 and just recently changed all the speakers to Kickers. Front 5.25 with the use of a bracket to allow them to fit. 6.5 in the sound bar. No problem getting the 6.5 in just need new mounting holes but the main hole for the speaker was large enough. I can't say it sounds any better since changing the speakers but it might be my head unit. I have a new JVC head unit which could be the route of the problem.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I am going to go alpine all around. Getting the type R for the soundbar and type S for the front. Cost being the biggest reason for using different types.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did Polk 521s front and soundbar with the Nalin brackets, from Crutchfield. Pyramid sub in the center console from Amazon. Dynamat in the center console and on the Nalin brackets with polyfill in the gaps.

Incredible improvement from stock under $250.

Tom

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I was able to get those alpine spr50 for 103 a pair. So I am putting those in the front and soundbar.

For now, I bought the factory replacement sub from quadratec that goes in center console. I don't want a lot of bass and I don't know where I want to put an aftermarket sub.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just did my 01 Wrangler last weekend. I replaced the front 4X6 with Polk DXi521. You will need the Nalin bracket to make them fit. And contrary to what some threads state, you will also need to cut the metal frame away so the speaker and bracket will fit. I replaced the Soundbar speakers with Polk DB651s speakers. They fit in the hole just fine, but you will need to drill at least one or two new holes to install the four screws. I replaced the radio with a Pioneer DEH6600Bt receiver. The Soundbar void and dash void were stuffed with polyfill. The improvement in sound is not subtle. The dash speakers can barely be heard unless you tweak the fader setting a lot. Good luck with your upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts