Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
That does seem like a damn good deal...ridiculously so. Do your homework on it. There's no reason an '02 with so few miles should be listed so low. I have a '97 (granted, it's somehow only got 46k miles) but I could easily get more for mine and it's not upgraded.

Main thing obviously is the frame. Most other stuff is fixable if it goes out (with such low mileage though, the key parts should be pretty good though). But a frame that's rusted out is a deal breaker...

And, hey, if it checks out...then hot damn you've got yourself a deal!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Appears overpriced to me. The 4 cylinder/auto tranny is the worst possible combo. Cheap lift that retains stock control arms. The rest of the "upgrades" are just generic catalog type items. For that price you should be able to find a 4.0 with higher end upgrades. Search Craigslist daily and you are certain to find a better rig.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I dont know about texas but here on the east that is over priced.I paid 7600 for my 02 which is mint with only 76000. now mine was done stock and a 4 banger with a 5 speed but i wanted one stock so i could build it my self. Mine came with hard top soft top full doors and half doors. Now i looked for a long time until i found my baby but glad i waited. The one thing i find really odd is. there are alot of pictures of the whole drivers side but only very select pictures of the passanger side and not the whole side just parts. I had the same lights on mine they are like 12 bucks and they are bright but didnt last at all. It also says 18 and 20 mpg. I didnt even get that when mine was stock with the 5 speed. The 4 banger is a little under powered but doesnt bother me at all i am never in a hurry to get any where but love the fact i can go any where just a little slower thats all. from me owning tje 5 speed i would never own the auto just because the lake of power in a 5 speed would be worst in an auto

·
Registered
435 Posts
I dont know about texas but here on the east that is over priced.I paid 7600 for my 02 which is mint with only 76000. now mine was done stock and a 4 banger with a 5 speed but i wanted one stock so i could build it my self. Mine came with hard top soft top full doors and half doors. Now i looked for a long time until i found my baby but glad i waited. The one thing i find really odd is. there are alot of pictures of the whole drivers side but only very select pictures of the passanger side and not the whole side just parts. I had the same lights on mine they are like 12 bucks and they are bright but didnt last at all. It also says 18 and 20 mpg. I didnt even get that when mine was stock with the 5 speed. The 4 banger is a little under powered but doesnt bother me at all i am never in a hurry to get any where but love the fact i can go any where just a little slower thats all. from me owning tje 5 speed i would never own the auto just because the lake of power in a 5 speed would be worst in an auto
sorry i read it again it is a 5 speed. but still over priced

·
Registered
435 Posts
The more i read the more issues i see. it says P205/75R15 those are 31s on it. It says steel wheels but not in the picture. one place it says leather seats then it says Vinyl reclining front bucket seats later. at the top it says Automatic Transmission and later says 5-speed manual transmission w/OD. 19 gallon tank sounds big. i have to run mine until it shuts off to get a little over 14 gallons in mine.heavy duty front bumper its factory with a bolt on singer. It also looks like the top raditor hose is sucked shut. whats that all about.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm in your area (Dallas). For a 4 cyl, that's somewhat overpriced. It would be a typical price for a 6 cyl though.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I would recommend you go do a thorough inspection because I found several errors with the listing.
*It's not a 5 speed w/OD(see interior pic, auto w/OD)
*4.11 gears (3.73 for a 4cyl auto)
*205/75/15 tires ( looks to be 32's)
*cruise control (doubt it unless aftermarket)

Not sure what SL lift it has but a small BL due to gap in rear wheel well. Nothing aftermarket coils or shocks that what I can tell from the side pics.(spacers?)

Seems overpriced even with those bolt-ons. I do like the expedition rack.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I paid 11k for my 02. It is a 4.0 with 5 speed It came with 33x12.5x15 and a 2.0 BL. The mileage was 44k. Soft top with full doors.that was 2 1/2 years ago

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid $9200 for my 02 SE a few months ago with 60k miles. Mine had 31s on it but not really any other upgrades. I agree with the others. Do your homework on it and try to get them off the price a little if you really want that particular jeep.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd go and look at it, find out exactly what you're looking at. Take it for a test drive and take it to a mechanic you trust to do a thorough inspection. Like one mentioned earlier, if there not showing the passenger side then make sure you find out why before you buy it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd pass at that price and mileage also. My 98 is getting closed to looking like that, has only 48k miles, paid $7500 for it bone stock. I'll have less than $2500 in upgrades done the way i want them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So kinda weird that this popped up on Wrangler Forum.... Thats my old Jeep. I just traded it in on a JKUR in August. I can tell you anything you want about it.

33x15x12.5 BFG ATs great condition on 15 inch MB 72s
Full size spare

Those are hella lights not $12 autozone specials. So the dipstick above doesn't know sh!t

Runs great but won't get 19 miles per gallon. More like 15 with those tires. I did only short daily driving to work with the occasional 200-300 mile trip to east tx and Oklahoma.

2" BB lift. Rides a little rough but just needs new and better shocks to fix that. Never rubbed off road and was completely capable of anything I did off road.

Has bestop bikini an wraparound windjammer, full softop is on top of rack.

It's a great jeep and I only sold it because I'm having a kid and needed more space. Even though jeeps in DFW are more expensive, they are only wanting that much because all the extra stuff. Ask for less due to the 4 banger. PM me and I'll give you my cell # and u can call me with any questions

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would recommend you go do a thorough inspection because I found several errors with the listing.
*It's not a 5 speed w/OD(see interior pic, auto w/OD)
*4.11 gears (3.73 for a 4cyl auto)
*205/75/15 tires ( looks to be 32's)
*cruise control (doubt it unless aftermarket)

Not sure what SL lift it has but a small BL due to gap in rear wheel well. Nothing aftermarket coils or shocks that what I can tell from the side pics.(spacers?)

Seems overpriced even with those bolt-ons. I do like the expedition rack.
Definitley an Auto
33s
No cruise

They dealer most likely just copied and paste Jeep Wrangler "stats" off the internet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TX02TJ said:
So kinda weird that this popped up on Wrangler Forum.... Thats my old Jeep. I just traded it in on a JKUR in August. I can tell you anything you want about it.

33x15x12.5 BFG ATs great condition on 15 inch MB 72s
Full size spare

Those are hella lights not $12 autozone specials. So the dipstick above doesn't know sh!t

Runs great but won't get 19 miles per gallon. More like 15 with those tires. I did only short daily driving to work with the occasional 200-300 mile trip to east tx and Oklahoma.

2" BB lift. Rides a little rough but just needs new and better shocks to fix that. Never rubbed off road and was completely capable of anything I did off road.

Has bestop bikini an wraparound windjammer, full softop is on top of rack.

It's a great jeep and I only sold it because I'm having a kid and needed more space. Even though jeeps in DFW are more expensive, they are only wanting that much because all the extra stuff. Ask for less due to the 4 banger. PM me and I'll give you my cell # and u can call me with any questions
That's crazy it was yours! I didn't end up getting it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You did a good job on cutting the flares i'm going to do mine just like that...hopefully:redface:
Thanks. I took a razor blade and scored them a view times then bent and peeled them. Then cleaned it up a bit and used door trim that has adhesive to make the lines clean

1 - 20 of 24 Posts