Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Ok heres my issue. She started with the p0320 code and found on here that it is the crank sensor, replaced that. driving to work last week she started the blinking cel, then it stuck with a p0301, p0306 code. So searched again and she is misfiring. replaced the plugs. so drove her down the hwy to get up to running temp again and poof she is telling me with blinking cel, and starts running funny, sure could tell it was a misfire, then it sticks again with p0300, p0302, p0305 code........... literally the plugs are brand new???????? Where do i start and where should i go????????

·
Registered
817 Posts
could be ur head gasket

·
Registered
817 Posts
it's good that you find it simple, coz i don't find it simple, it's not like you're changing spark plugs. anyway that's what I suspect, and i had a good share with engine problems with jeep and non-jeep vehicles, but i'm no mechanic.

The reason why i'm telling you this is that usually those are the symptoms and more, also my sis' liberty had the same issue last week, and i'm going now to get her a new head gasket, better consulting with a REAL mechanic to make sure.

·
Registered
817 Posts
10x good luck for you too, got the gaskets and a couple of o-ring rubbers, going to be installed tomorrow, hopefully all will be fine.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
More likely either bad sensor or sensor not positioned properly. Does the sensor attach with 1 bolt or 2? The spacing between the sensor & the flywheel is critical. The 2 bolt is pretty much set but the 1 bolt type is adjustable. Here is how:

Sensor With One-Bolt Mounting:
New replacement sensors will be equipped with a
paper spacer glued to bottom of sensor. If installing
(returning) a used sensor to vehicle, a new paper
spacer must be installed to bottom of sensor. This
spacer will be ground off the first time engine is
started. If spacer is not used, sensor will be broken
the first time engine is started.

(4) New Sensors: Be sure paper spacer is installed
to bottom of sensor. If not, obtain spacer
PN05252229.
(5) Used Sensors: Clean bottom of sensor and
install spacer PN05252229.
(6) Install sensor into transmission bellhousing
hole.
(7) Push sensor against flywheel/drive plate. With
sensor pushed against flywheel/drive plate, tighten
mounting bolt to 7 N·m (60 in. lbs.) torque.

When the mis-fire is from "paired" cylinders (1&6,2&5,3&4) the sensor position is the 1st place to look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts