Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing my exhaust from the manifolds back. I'm struggling making sense of the mid pipes between the manifolds and the muffler.

It seems that 99 and older has a direct fit unit for a decent price and 04 and newer has one that looks like it could work for a decent price. But, 00-03 doesn't seem to have a complete direct fit option. There is a mid-pipe for $500 without the rear cat.

This one from Flowmaster looks like it should work, and that price is just fine. What am I missing. Is 00-03 one of those ridiculous exceptions?

https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/catalytic_converter/49_state/direct-fit/parts/2049170?gclid=CjwKCAjwtajrBRBVEiwA8w2Q8Jb9C2dNPPNbcPg7OsO64BCI-k9fORVXl7tjX23qOvZ-OhUg5EkmtRoC-MUQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
not 100%, but i think the headers are similar for all TJ's. the major dif i know of is the cats if IIRC. some have flanges at both ends some are only the back end.
my 04 is rear end only and has a hanger stem to help hold the weight.
after the precats you could splice in any generic converter and muffler.

other than no hanger, it would likely work fine.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I got the Flowmaster noted above for my 05. I have the mini-cats plus the secondary cat. I was impressed with the product quality and the fit. Smooth mandrel bends and perfect fit on all parts.

Contact Holley/Flowmaster customer support to see if they can help you find what you need. If you only need the secondary cat, LUCKY YOU! You get off cheap! I would not hesitate to go Flowmaster again, if I had to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the Flowmaster noted above for my 05. I have the mini-cats plus the secondary cat. I was impressed with the product quality and the fit. Smooth mandrel bends and perfect fit on all parts.

Contact Holley/Flowmaster customer support to see if they can help you find what you need. If you only need the secondary cat, LUCKY YOU! You get off cheap! I would not hesitate to go Flowmaster again, if I had to.
I need the precats and the rear cat. I was going to contact Holley on Tuesday to see what they had to say.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts