Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 issue 05 TJ

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Deuxlatch 
#1 ·
New to this forum - need some help!! :)
Engine light came on - Code came up as P0132 (O2 bank 1 sensor 1). Went to local auto parts store and picked one up. Had it installed and cleared code. As soon as we turned key check engine light came on again. Thought it might be faulty part, got another - same thing. Called Jeep and was told that Jeeps "don't like" after market sensors. Ok - bought the part from Jeep. Same issue, cleared code, turned key on and check engine light comes back on with same code. Could it be the PCM? Mechanic showed me that the scanner shows sensor is working but PCM isn't picking up that info.
Have heard there is a TSB to re-flash PCM, any thoughts? This is driving me nuts!!

#3 ·
Mine first threw a code for cam position sensor, then for low voltage, then for O2 sensor, all all are new or fixed and still throwing same codes and going into limp mode. I an going to try rebuilding my own PCM before I have to drop $1500 into a "remanufactured" PCM that might still not fix the problem.

#7 ·
Carefully read that thread I posted earlier. I hope yours is not the same issue but it sounds like you are starting to go through the same issues many of us are. If you do have to go the PCM route, I suggest going straight to the dealer because the warranties are better and you may have to go back multiple times to get a good PCM that was rebuilt properly. I can't seem to find any new PCMs, only remans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.