Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 Tj is leaking on the passenger side when it raines. I thought it was the A/C drain but it's not. I can not find where it is coming from. HELP!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
A had something happening to me a couple of weeks ago. I looked in the intake right in front of my windshield and it was all clogged up with debris. Cleaned it out and solved my problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took my cowl hood off and it is all clean. a/c drain is draining properly. I thought maybe a door gasket or something. But I cant see where it is leaking anywhere every thing seems dry on the sides. Water just puddles up in the floor pan.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do you have a hardtop? It might be leaking from below the rear window. Get a hose and spray around the jeep. See where the water is coming from.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have this problem with my soft top, water leaks through passenger side window or above window as I have full doors
any fix to this?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was having the same problem. The passenger side door was bent a little. I pulled the top in a little and it stopped leaking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
you mean the hinges? andwhat do you mean you pulled the top in? sorry its just that im in Virginia land of the never ending rainfall and humidity and I don't want rust forming on the passenger side

·
Registered
2015 Willys Wheeler W JKU and 1984 CJ
687 Posts
I had the same issue and was certain it was coming in behind the dash. I did the under-cowl cleaning and sealing, and the drain tube extension. No help. Finally replaced the door rubber seal and not a drop ever again! Good luck!

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I took my cowl hood off and it is all clean. a/c drain is draining properly. I thought maybe a door gasket or something. But I cant see where it is leaking anywhere every thing seems dry on the sides. Water just puddles up in the floor pan.
Did you just look in it, or did you take a rod and stick it down through the drain and flush it out with water? There is a rubber boot at the bottom center that needs to be opened up with something, then sprayed with a hose nozzle (if you haven't done it)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the same issue and was certain it was coming in behind the dash. I did the under-cowl cleaning and sealing, and the drain tube extension. No help. Finally replaced the door rubber seal and not a drop ever again! Good luck!
thanks ill have to try this, its getting to the point where you can clearly see the water dripping down the window and door panel

·
Registered
163 Posts
you mean the hinges? andwhat do you mean you pulled the top in? sorry its just that im in Virginia land of the never ending rainfall and humidity and I don't want rust forming on the passenger side
Not the hinges. The top of the door itself. I just bent them in a little

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same problem with my hardtop TJ.
Replaced the door rubber seal, it still leaking.

Finally, removed the cowling grill and clear drain hole,
remove foam gasket between the air intake cover and cowling, then
adopt silicone sealant to seal the intake cover.
Job Done !!!

You can do some search on internet for detailed guide.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts