Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be rebuilding the suspension on my '02 TJ. Getting a little loose and wobbly after 205K miles.
Tie rod, drag link, track bar, front & rear control arms (Johnny Joint front lowers, with stock elsewhere), ball joints, rear track bar bushings, & shocks. Also going to do u-joints, unit bearings, & fuel pump while it's down.

Two questions:
  1. In what order should I do the above work?
  2. Any other repairs or upgrades suggested by the collective?

She's pretty much stock, no lift, 31" tires on stock rims, front winch, and custom rear bumper with spare carrier. She's a daily driver and our only 4x4. We jeep in Arizona and around Teluride mostly (Done most of the Biggies).

WF has been my most important Jeep resource.
Thanks in advance.

Ken

"Practicing Christlikeness."
Luke 9:23-27

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Going to be rebuilding the suspension on my '02 TJ. Getting a little loose and wobbly after 205K miles.
Tie rod, drag link, track bar, front & rear control arms (Johnny Joint front lowers, with stock elsewhere), ball joints, rear track bar bushings, & shocks. Also going to do u-joints, unit bearings, & fuel pump while it's down.

Two questions:
  1. In what order should I do the above work?
  2. Any other repairs or upgrades suggested by the collective?

She's pretty much stock, no lift, 31" tires on stock rims, front winch, and custom rear bumper with spare carrier. She's a daily driver and our only 4x4. We jeep in Arizona and around Teluride mostly (Done most of the Biggies).

WF has been my most important Jeep resource.
Thanks in advance.

Ken

Ken,

If it were me, I would do a dry steering test to figure out what is in the worst shape in the Suspension and start there. Other than that, the parts aren't so related that you need to do them in any particular order. Except the steering stuff, I would do that all at once. Let me know what questions you have or what you would like a quote on!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joey, I was given JJ lower arms.

Ken Miller

·
Registered
120 Posts
She's pretty much stock, no lift, 31" tires on stock rims, ........
Ken,

I apologize for jumping on your thread, but yours was the first to come up when I did a search for "stock rims".

You're running 31" tires on stock rims with no lift? Do you mind my asking what width of tire you have?

At the moment I can't afford a lift (read: the Zone lift that I'd like to get) or new wheels with the 3.75 - 4.5 back spacing that I've read about. However, I DO need tires before our next winter, and if I can go to 31" and hold off on the lift and keep my canyon wheels, I'd love to.

Thanks in advance for your help, and I apologize for the tangent I may have started.

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in love with my BFG Rugged Terrain 31 x 10.5". No lift, stock. No rub or other issues at all. My wife uses it as a daily driver. We also do some HD wheeling in the deserts of AZ and up on Colorado trials. Very quiet compared to BFG KO's.

Ken
Practicing Christlikeness

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in love with my BFG Rugged Terrain 31 x 10.5". No lift, stock. No rub or other issues at all. My wife uses it as a daily driver. We also do some HD wheeling in the deserts of AZ and up on Colorado trials. Very quiet compared to BFG KO's. Ken Practicing Christlikeness Luke 9:23-27
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts