Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. 1st jeep, wife's 2nd jeep. 03' wrangler x 4.0 Exhaust leak- 2 piece manifold. OEM or headers is the question and where do i find a 2 piece unit? i looked all over jegs and Quadratec but cant find one i seen in one of the posts.
Help!!
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok , no replies yet. the bolts were loose above the 2 mini cats so got them tight and a week later it is hissing at me again and ticking. the code it throws out is #2 o2 sensor. have not replaced them yet waiting to tear it down and replace the manifold but not sure if it is cracked or what. ANY help is appreciated.!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The cracking is a common problem. I think I saw somewhere on here that somebody bought one from AM Auto. You may start there. One last thing....My TJ just threw a #2 O2 sensor code also...turned out it had ever slightly came unplugged. Might check that out before you go buy one.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
To the OP, make sure yours is actually cracked. The problem normally is with the older models without the expansion joints. The newer ones don't commonaly crack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. other than taking it off and checking it, is there anyway to check it on the vehicle? my bro asked to check for carbon deposits and with a mirror it look darker in some areas that others but other than that i dont know how to see the cracks until its removed/..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH, and she drove it to work this morning and she said to was loud and then quieted down after about 4-5minutes. this is making me and others think its a crack that it is closing up when it gets warm? any thoughts??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts