Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a friend who has a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited with 80,000 miles on it. The vehicle will not shift out of 2nd gear and will not go faster than 45 mph. We had the vehicle checked and the error codes that came up were p0605 TCM and p0725 PCM. I Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix these issues without taking the vehicle to a dealership.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Wrong forum, a 2003 Liberty is a KJ (check out JeepForum.com or JeepKJ.com)

But what's basically happened is that you KJ has entered "limp mode," a flaccid state if you will.

The p0605 error indicates that something has gone faulty with your transmission control module. It's a fairly common issue on the 03s and is usually rectified by replacing the unit with a junkyard replacement.

Now p0725 is a Engine Speed Sensor Circuit error. My best guess is that your TCM (transmission control module) has a faulty power or ground somewhere. Possibly, the unit itself has gone completely shot. Because of speed variation, it's triggered the p0725 as a side effect. I would get to the TCM, make sure the wiring is good and that the ground is good, and then replace the unit to see if that will address your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts