Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a fold and tumble rear seat in good shape preferably grey in color. My wife and I are having a baby soon so I gota get a back seat. So cheap would be good....

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Can't you just strap the kid to the roll bar?

·
Registered
466 Posts
yeah or make like a hamock sling for the kid :p no worries about gettin whip lash the kid will just swing around having a great time.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the idea I will have to wait till wife goes to work because I enjoy living in MY home and sleeping in MY bed.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Surely there is someone out there with a backseat sitting in the garage taking up room, since they took apart thier Jeep to make a crawler, buggy, something.......HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The one in there now is on for a YJ and it is not the right color and it doesn't fit very well. My Wife told me I have to get one that fits or else no more Jeep......

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I don't know what part of TN your from, but you can't be very far from either Knoxville, Nashville, or Memphis. Have you tried any salvage, or wrecking yards in your area? That would be a good place to start. There has to be a wreck out there somewhere, that you can get a back seat out of, for your TJ.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am about 1 hour south of Nashville. I have tried several Junk yards in our area but no luck Yet!!! I am still on the hunt and I will find my prey

·
Registered
576 Posts
will a 99 fit your 03?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm not sure.... Does it have a "handle" on the back of the seat so it will fold down?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys they changed the design in 03. Well I am still looking

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Only thing really different about the 03+s is that the seat has a spring to keep it upward when tumbled, the seat shape and colors are different, and instead of a handle, theres a button on the back of the seat, near the hinge thing.

Im pretty sure its the same hindges and waht not, in other words it will fit fine, just be an older style seat thats all. With that said, I LOVE my rear seat in my 05 over my 97. Now the front seats are a different story... :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Rubi. Thats the reason I want a newer back seat, I currently have one from a 98 and it's spice. The interior of my Jeep is Grey. Well Thanks though......Still looking

1 - 20 of 20 Posts