Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading a lot of posts on this but I want to make sure I have this right...

Wiring Harness adapter for 03-06 is different than the other TJ's.

Can I get the Harness to match the year top and not have an issue? Rear defrost, Dome light and when i need the spray just hold the rocker switch down for the wiper....(same in my old '00 Sport)

Are the '03 Rubi with HT using a different steering wheel stick control (or whatever you call it) to spray the back window? Just like the fog light control moved to the steering wheel.

I hope this makes sense...:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add... I know I will have to move the locker switch to make room for the 3 rocker switches for the hard top. I was going to rewire the locker to have control over front and back separately...

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Get the harness kit to match the yr of your jeep. If the connector at the back where it plugs into the top is different then you make the adapter. You can find that by doing a search. If you get the harness for the yr of the top it won't match the wiring in your jeep where it needs to be connected & you defeat the whole propose of the kit. You only add 2 switched in the blanks in your panel. The wiper & washer use the same (1) switch & the defrost uses the other. So that also means you don't have to change the multi-function switch (steering wheel stick control).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet thanks guys! Exactly what I needed!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts