Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was driving down the road, pull up to a red light and my jeep stalls out. I go to start it up again and no start, it's cranks but no start. So I got it home now (tow), and did some research on the code and it claims to be a camshaft sensor. I changed the camshaft sensor and it still will not start. So then I changed out the crankshaft sensor and also no start. I'm kind of stumped now, I'm thinking a may be my ecm. Does anyone have any experience with this code?
Thanks!
2006 4cyl 2.4l

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure.. I bought this jeep back in April and it has 110k miles and I have not done any timing work on it. I did check the timing belt and it feels like it could be a little loose. Could that be something that could just go out really quick from one minute to the next? Like I was driving it and it just shut off on me. But now that I think of it, it was a little boggy as I was driving that day before it shut off. Could that 0340 code appear for timing belt issue?

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
Sounds like a slipped or broken timing belt

Just be aware although the 2.4 is non interference engine piston to valve if the cams move out of sync the valves can contact and bend valves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts