Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much sums it up, can I put 04 rubicon seats in my Sport (98). The seats look a little comfier than the stock ones. Maybe that's just the picture?

WF members chime in.... NOW....

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I know the brackets are diferent but you might be able to swap them over. But in my opinion.....I prefer the earlier tear drop TJ seats over the later blocky ones. Having driven both, the newer ones are not as comfy to me.

·
Registered
619 Posts
if you are talking about the 03-06 seats into an earlier TJ, it can be done. when i did mine in my old TJ, i used the new bracket & all.

but i do agree. the original seats were more comfortable IMHO also.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
The earlier TJ seats realy hugged you and kept you in place. IMO the new ones were designed with fatter people in mind and dont really offer any support.

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The earlier TJ seats realy hugged you and kept you in place. IMO the new ones were designed with fatter people in mind and dont really offer any support.
Hahaha, well, I'm a little bit bigger than I'd like to be, but that being said, my TJ seats fit me fine. I think I really just liked the fresh look, my drivers seat has a small tear in it, but my passenger seat is fine. I've got some really great seat covers on at the moment, so the condition underneath is not noticeable. Now that I really think about it, I enjoy the TJ style seats "curve" on the sides, almost like I'd imagine a sports car seat.

I know what's happening here. I'm finding all these things on CL in my area that I just immediately think "that would look great in my Jeep!" without putting much thought into how it would actually look. Glad I put posts up and grab some advice before I follow through.

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you are talking about the 03-06 seats into an earlier TJ, it can be done. when i did mine in my old TJ, i used the new bracket & all.

I think this looks really fresh as well though. They seem bigger?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts