Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 04' that came with a stock subwoofer. The subwoofer worked in the beginning but now it doesn't.

I attributed it to a wire I forgot to reconnect when I installed another stock radio (ipod compatible) but I couldn't find one when I took the head unit out recently.

Is there a wire for the subwoofer that connects to the radio unit or is my subwoofer just toast?

Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pull the stock sub out and check to see if there are any tears on it. You can YouTube how to check if a sub is blown, and it'll show you how to hook it up to test and look for any signs.
Also the stock sub hooked into the stock radio via the cluster of wires that were in a clip together into the back of the radio. I don't think there would have been a single wire that was just not plugged in. You can follow the sub wiring and make sure all the connections are made

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input Jeembro.

I thought as well that the subwoofer wire was included in the main cluster of wires that plugs into the radio unit. I just wasn't 100% positive.

I think I'll take a look at the subwoofer tomorrow but what do you mean by tears? Disconnected wires?

At one point the subwoofer began to work again but that was short lived.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mine was just like that before it stopped working all together. It stopped working and then worked again, and then It was dunzo.

Check out this video link and it's a great walkthrough on how to check if its blown or not :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQAu-V9WT-w

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was the reason for your faulty subwoofer?

Thanks for the video!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Blasting music too loud with bass cranked up lol.. I was basically deaf for a month because of ear infections so I would crank the music up really really loud, that led to the demise of my factory sub heheh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts