Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning it was about 38 degrees outside and I went to go start the jeep up before school. It started up just fine except the oil pressure gauge didn't rise and soon the "check gauges" light came on as well as the beeping. I turned it off and gave it a minute before I started it again. This time however it struggled a little before it started and the gauge still didn't rise. I change my oil frequently and I checked and the oil level seems to be fine. Could it be a faulty sensor or the sending unit? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
This morning it was about 38 degrees outside and I went to go start the jeep up before school. It started up just fine except the oil pressure gauge didn't rise and soon the "check gauges" light came on as well as the beeping. I turned it off and gave it a minute before I started it again. This time however it struggled a little before it started and the gauge still didn't rise. I change my oil frequently and I checked and the oil level seems to be fine. Could it be a faulty sensor or the sending unit? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Sounds like your dash plug connections are not working properly. Try it again but give the top of the instrument cluster a good thump and see if that helps. Its usually pays to try the cheapest fix first!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Could it be a faulty sensor or the sending unit? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Yes, its fairly common for the sending unit sensor to go out. But replace it a Mopar OE sensor. The Autozone ones are pure crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts