Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I wrecked my jeep a couple days ago. Tires are worn down (was about to order more) and the road was wet and I was going around a hill corner and slid off the road and went down a hill and a tree stopped it from rolling more. Might have rolled once and then ended up on its side by the tree. Hard tops all cracked up and broke off. Main damage is all in the front. Hood flew up and exposed all my parts and things got banged around under the hood so who knows whats happening under there. Was able to pull it home (about a mile away from my house) wheels turn, was able to steer it home, but wont go into gear. So my question is, you think they might total it? Or how much damage you think this is?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya im fine. Eggs on my face n scratches, messed my shoulder up but thats about it. Coulda been worse. The adjuster is suppose to come weds, wonder if its guna be worth it to them to fix it all or not.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Not going into gear could be Slave cylinder line if it's a stick. Cheap fix. Who knows with all that though. Pics don't do that justice. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol yes Ive learned my lesson on bad tires, no more riding on snake bellys. Ya I am guna buy it back and rebuild if they total it. The adjuster comes tomorrow. gotta find a good body shop now.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Glad you're okay ... looks totalled.

Those tires look like slicks to me ... not "worn down"... Jeeps are unstable as it is at point, this should be a lesson to people, dont mess around with tires on your jeep.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Naomia the one thing you need to look at before you consider buying it back is what the laws around you regarding rebuilt/salvage titles and if you can get an insurance company to insure it for on-road use because in some states the only way a insurance company will insure a rebuilt/salvage titled vehicle is if it used strictly for offroad use. I would also have to say they will total it out do to body and some structure damage including the roll cage.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Make sure you get your shoulder checked out. My Ranger was totaled last year and it messed up my shoulder. I can still feel it occassionally, I thought it was ok after talking to the Dr, but it may have been worse than we thought. Don't do the same.

And if your local laws won't let you drive it on the street, that just means that you don't have to worry about the dents on a trail vehicle!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Be grateful you didn't slide into/hit anyone else. They would have a heyday after seeing those tires. The adjuster may deny the claim after seeing tires like that too. Good thing your ok, but be a bit more careful next time ;)

Even my 95% tread BFG KO tires are not that great in the rain and will kick out at times. That must of been a fun ride :eek:

On a better side, the guys are right, it might make a great trail vehicle now if it's too bad to put back on the road!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts