Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Salvage title. Very hard if not impossible to get financed or insured. I think you could get liability some places but not full coverage.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
good deal? yeah, for the seller it is.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yea, those salvage titles can be a mess to deal with. They scare most buyers off, but it was just a stolen rig or some type of repo it could be work out well for a buyer. Problem is if they ever want to sell down the line they're stuck trying to unload it. There's an 06 in Port St. Lucie that a guy has been trying to unload for months, but he's asking too much too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My mazda is a salvage title and has been a great car for me. Insurance was never an issue and it was bought in cash so no financing problems to deal with. I knew what the reason was up front and have only had minor issues arise from it. It was a steal when I got it over 3 years ago and I'd still have a hard time finding one like it for the price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Insurance is NOT an issue with a salvage or rebuilt title. Financing can be tricky, but is doable, just have to do your homework. I would have NO issues with a salvage title, for the right Jeep.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got my clean title 05 LJ with 104k from a private party guy who was registered as a dealer for $9300 last year. He did it as a side business out of his house.. bought vehicles from a friend at a dealership before they sent them to auction. It needed a new top, tires, etc.. stuff that I knew I would replace anyways. I'm in Mass and as soon as I saw how clean the frame was I knew I was going to buy it. Of course I've replaced half of the crap on it now, but what I wanted was the perfect blank slate.

·
Registered
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L 5spd Money pit Green
395 Posts
Pics are sometimes misleading......with that in mind I'd go over it several times with the "fine tooth comb" before I'd drop coin on it.

(that's just me and my being paranoid)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts