Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. Chk engine came on followed by hesitation at approx 2500 rpm. It has reset in the past but returned recently and is still giving me issues.

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
What code are you getting?

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
Oh and Welcome to WranglerForum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Codes on 05 Rubicon

Took it to Auto zone today they do the diagnostic for free. The following results came up.
CKP/CMP timing misalignment: Explanation, detected the crank sensor is not aligned with cam sensor. Probable cause, 1)intermittent connection or 2)failed crank or 3)cam sensor or engine mechanical condition. Could the cam sensor be defective or the wiring ??

·
Registered
892 Posts
its an 05 so check your CPS sensor gear for any wear. I suggest you do it asap cuz once it broke you lose oil pressure and youd say bye bye to your engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called Chrysler

So far it fits the bill for the recall, build dates and engine. Cant see the date codes so before I proceed I called Chrysler and they are checking out the info you provided on the recall. Thanks for all your help I will let you know how it turns out. By the way the cam sensor is loose, should that be ?

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Shouldnt be loose and just because your Jeep doesnt fall in the dates of the recall doesnt mean it isnt the issue either. Many 04-06 TJs are having the same issues even though they claim only jeeps made in Jan & Feb of 05 have the recalled part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gear showed signs of wear

I removed the gear and it showed some signs of wear, my guess is that it may have been caused by the loose cover. I am ordering a new gear anyway. I cleaned it all up and the codes are clear and no chk engine. It doesnt hesitate above 2500. Thanks for all your help, I cant imagine what it would have cost to have it looked at and repaired. Your instructions on how to fix it were right on. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts