Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently acquired a very near stock 05 rubicon and I need some ideas and reviews on lifts. I'm not looking for that budget lift that we see to often I don't mind paying 3k for a kit but I'm just not sure what the best to get. Also I will be installing it myself so if you've installed a lift and ran into any problems or tips that would be appreciated. I'm wanting to run 35s but 33s will be a close second and really wanting 5.5in of suspension lift and will go as low as 4.5 in. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Currie receives the highest grades around here for the most part. 4" of suspension lift and 1" body lift will clear 35s no problem, but the costs add up IF you want it done "right". You'll need a new drive shaft along with bigger/better brakes to properly stop those bigger tires. Then its time to regear.

Do your research on these boards, TONS of information on this topic around here.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the 4" Currie lift in my 05 Rubicon and it rides great. Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

You will need to add shocks, but with the Currie kit mine did not require a new drive shaft nor does it come with a TC drop.

Now with 35's I also upgraded to the Currie HD Steering RockJock 4x4 CurrectLync

Also did re-geared to 4:88's but a lot of Rubicon owners don't re-gear and I have not done brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts