Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is covered already (my newb search skills are lacking), feel free to hit me with links if so, but...

While living in Chi-Town, someone stole my spare and wheel right off the back of my Jeep (locking lugs, i know, it was primarily garage-kept - was out for one night). In connection with getting new tires, I am also planning to replace the wheel and spare. The other four wheels are the OEM wheels, and i want to match that. Does anyone know the OEM backspace and offset for a 2005 Rubicon 4.0L 6spd? Quadratec has a replacement wheel that is 16x8 with a 5.0in backspace and +13mm offset. I am confident in the 16x8 size, but need to make sure the backspace and offset are a match.

Thanks all, happy to be a part of the forum.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
The other four wheels are the OEM wheels, and i want to match that.
Last time I needed a Rubicon wheel, LQK sold both used and reconditioned OE ones. Make sure you pay attention to the four or so variations of the Rubicon wheel (machined versus painted faces; stepped versus non-stepped.)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Moab
* 16x8 cast aluminum
* 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern
* Backspacing = 5"
* Offset = +12 mm
* Stock Rubicon wheel

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
The Rubicon had a wheel unique to that trim.
Not all TJ Rubicon wheels were the same. The differences are a bit subtle, hence my suggestion to pay close attention. There were machined faces, silver painted faces and a version with a "step" at the outer perimeter.

This is what happens when you don't pay attention when buying a replacement wheel:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=631B9F9C7787323214C7FCAAE84958CBAA024053&thid=OIP.MY1OxdSfOYIpgprq0phGQQHaFj&mediaurl=https://cdn.frazerphotos.com/18757/18757_2161_8502.jpg&exph=600&expw=800&q=2004+jeep+rubicon+images&selectedindex=21&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6&ccid=MY1OxdSf&simid=608043724587009487

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Also, I'm trying to figure out if mine are "silver" or "machine finish" too.
"Machine finish" spoke faces are bare metal with clearcoat. "Silver" wheels are painted entirely. When looking at photos, it is sometimes difficult to see the difference. Not so difficult when looking at an actual wheel.

·
Premium Member
6,960 Posts
The specs posted by Boogieman and the specs of the Quadratec wheel are the same. The only difference is whether the offset is +12mm or +13mm. That is probably a rounding difference when calculating the offset from the 5" backspace.

Now they do appear to have an outer rim which mine (stock '03) also have. The build sheet also refers to them as 16x8.0 "MOAB2" Aluminum Wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts