Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i did a forum search and it returned nothing (maybe wording my search incorrectly) so i figured id ask. This might be a dumb question but i still consider myself new to the jeep world so on to my question. Is the rearend in a 2005 sport locked from the factory when in 4 low? Reason im asking is theres a big group going to disney oklahoma this july and i was looking at their trail ratings and such and basically if your not locked atleast in the rear, your going to have a hard time getting around from the looks of it.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
It is not.. In 2wd, 4hi, and 4lo, It could have a factory Limited Slip but I'm not sure

·
That WF guy.
21,557 Posts
Hey Tim...sadly no they do not come with lockers from the factory. You may have a limited slip but that is it.

Rubicons are the ONLY wranglers with lockers from the factory.
If you are unsure of what axles you have look at the top to the TJ section there is a TJ/LJ Faq sticky....Inside it is a detailed listing of TJ axles and pictures to assist you.

Disney is a great place to wheel....and you don't "have" to have a locker. But yes you would greatly benefit from one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow that was fast guys thanks! and yes its a d44. the thing that got me thinking about this was the other day i was out playing and i had it in 4hi and got in a spot where one of the rear tires was off the ground and i was trying to get it out for about 15 min then i thought to myself "put it in 4 low dumby" and i did and it walked striaght out with no problem at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts