Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took a nice ride yesterday and during the ride the check engine light went on. Then, this morning when I went to leave for work, the Jeep stalled as soon as I put it reverse. Put it in park and started it and tried to back up again...stalled. It seemed like the trans was locked up, just kills the engine. It went forward just fine and I drove to work without issue. When I got to work, I tried reverse and it was fine. At work I parked so I could pull out without needing reverse. After work, I tried reverse again and it immediately stalled the engine. I drove home and reverse worked again when I got home. Jeep has a warranty, so I am going back to the dealership tomorrow.

I stopped at Pep Boys on the way home and asked them to pull the codes
P0300
P0700
P0740
P1775
I googled those codes and got some info. Any info you may have please pass along.

Checked the fluid hot and its at the top of the 4th hole on the dip stick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody???

Well, the dealer cant figure it out either....they've had the jeep for over a week, they have the the trans out of the jeep and still no clue as to what the problem is!

WTF???

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sounds like the torque converter may be locking up.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
mine was a 02 sensor

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hard to tell without seeing it die in person. How did it drive and idle while at a stop? I would have started with the easy stuff like vacuum lines, exhaust leaks, and cleaning the throttle body and iac. Oh and checking the plugs. Incorrect or worn out plugs can do weird stuff in our coil on plug jeeps

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to tell without seeing it die in person. How did it drive and idle while at a stop? I would have started with the easy stuff like vacuum lines, exhaust leaks, and cleaning the throttle body and iac. Oh and checking the plugs. Incorrect or worn out plugs can do weird stuff in our coil on plug jeeps
Jeep was fine. Ran great, no rough idle or anything. When I put it in reverse, it would just make a "grumble" and die right away.

I took a video of it that morning figuring that by the time I got back to the shop, it wouldn't do it.

In the vid watch the tach, steady as a rock, then I put her in reverse and instant shut down.....also if you listen carefully, as its stalling you'll hear a noise that accompanied the issue.

https://youtu.be/jZ6x7Sk9vm8

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
That's what I was thinking too 02 sensor? how did you figure that out? They replaced the CPS...guess that wasn't it. Still no jeep in my driveway....:confused:
i got a code.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like they got it sorted.

They found a bulletin from the factory that talked of a shim for the CPS. The bulletin continued to say, if the shim didn't help, then the flex plate needed to be replaced. Well they replaced the flex plate, and maybe added that shim, I am not sure about the shim.

Whatever they did, its done.... they called today, its fixed and I'm gonna pick it up later on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts