Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently had a hell of a time getting my rear passenger side shock bolts out. I ended up having to remove some body mounts and jack it up to get a angle grinder in there. Got everything off and installed, only problem is I now can't get into 4 low. I think I bent my shift rod when I jacked the body up seeing as I didn't disconnect anything. Anyone got any suggestions, if appears the rod is hitting a bolt when trying to put in 4 low...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's been lifted for a while, but I did just install sye/ cv shaft, new tranny mount, adj rear upper control arms, and removed transfer case drop. I did verify shift rod is correct length and not hitting the transfer case. After I bent the linkage a little I could get it into 4 low once, then it went back to not going in.

·
Super Moderator
6,663 Posts
hmmm, well removing the tc drop would have changed the location of the TC in relation to the frame and body. thats probably where the issue is.

have you adjusted the TC linkage by loosening the shift linkage bolt, pulling the shifter to 4lo, manually shifting the tc into 4lo, then tightening the linkage bolt?

is there any addition brackets on the linkage that were installed to compensate for the TC drop?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Adjusting the rod should solve the problem.
I bent mine when I bent my skid plate, so it was a bit more involved to get it working again.
Novak cable shifter is the best upgrade for this and it won't ever happen again.

·
Super Moderator
6,663 Posts
when you get your hands on it, take a pic of the brackets that attach to the body. that is usually where a drop bracket is installed

·
Registered
441 Posts
novak, its one of my favorite upgrades.. hardest part of the install was getting the old brackets off

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So after numerous attempts I just can't get the linkage adjusted where it needs to be. Just ordered the Novak cable system, hoping to put a end to the problem for good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts