Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new to this forum as well as Jeeps. I am selling my '01 Tacoma TRD and purchasing a TJ to drive daily and play with on the weekends.
Right now I am heavily considering buying a 100% stock 2006 Wrangler SE I6 with 6,500 miles on it. I would like to put on a lift, rims and tires to make the Jeep look a little beefier, but still be a comfortable daily driver. Does anyone have a suggestion? Body or suspension? Also, what would something like that run to purchase and install at a local shop? It is red w/ black soft top, so I was thinking some black steel rims.
Thanks!!
-OT

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds like a plan! You'll get lots of different opinions. 32"x11.5" tires with 15x8 wheels would only need a 2" lift. Simple without some of the complications of lifting higher. I just got done with this package....and I'm very happy with the results. Never high enough, but its still very mean looking IMO.

I paid about $1200 bucks for the wheels/tires and 2" spring spacers, and 9-way adjustable shocks. You could probably live without the shocks, so maybe about 1k for parts.

Check some of the online vendors, 4wd.com or 4wheelparts.com. Procomp tires are buy 3 get 1 free right now. 4 Wheel Parts offers 80 buck shipping for wheels/tires and is mounting and balancing them for free. I had mine within 5 days.

I'm not sure what labor would cost....but I'd expect at least a few hundred dollars for the lift install, although its very easy to do.

On the other hand, you could do a 3-4" suspension lift and get 33" tires. Will cost a little more, but will be meaner looking. More chance that you'll have some driveline vibrations and other things too....but that's not a big deal, just a few more bucks on parts/labor. My recommendation would be that if you're looking for simple, go 2" and 32's.

Here's mine...hafta show it off....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh, don't forget the alignment and something to recalibrate the speedo.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Also try Quadratec.com and have them send you their
catalog,they can be a little pricey but between them
and 4wd.com,you'll have an idea of how much ya gonna spend.

Lt.Khaki seems to be a popular color :D
View attachment 1455

Plan on getting larger(agressive looking)tires but without the lift.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an 06 lt khaki tj w/ the 4.0 and a bb , I'm running 32x11.5 r15 's with black steelies I like the way it looks but I'm putting in a d44 w/ 4.10 gears and trutracs fr and rear ( I 've got the 6spd w/3.07s now) . If i have any cash left after that I'm doing a bl and mml and up to 33's . The bb is the gateway drug as Mr clifford called it your never big enough;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you install the bb yourself? From what I have read online, it is fairly straight-forward. Are you happy with yours? I have read a lot of great things about OME kits as well.
-OT

·
Registered
230 Posts
me and a buddy put the whole kit on in about 4 hrs. we goofed off alot and were enjoying ourselves. i plan on upgrading to the OME kit i have decide that for this jeep 32/33's are gonna be big enough for me. i dont see why anything bigger is needed for what i do.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have the OME kit. You pay more, but the onroad ride is top notch. I am not too mechanical, but was able to install the OME lift by myself. When I did it, I only installed the shocks, springs, and t-case drop. I added the body lift, motor lift, and adj track bars later - again all by myself.

With basic tools and a floor jack and perhaps a few rental tools from Autozone, you could easily do this yourself, save some $$, and put that $$ to some additional stuff on the Jeep, such as armor to protect from soCal rocks. With the potential Jeep being an 06, there should be little issue with rust, esp if in soCal. My soCal Jeep has not given me ONE problem when installing parts. No rust, and virtually no PB Blaster has been required. That is changing now that I'm in Alabama.

The I6 in the SE is nice and not an option on my 97 SE. However, you will still have the Dana 35 axle in the back. Going any larger than 33's could be a problem, especially if you offroad it. That is another thread though... :)

With the OME suspension lift and a body lift, I have about 4.5" of total lift and fit 33x12.5" tires nicely. Aggressive and good for a daily driver. Any bigger, and the daily driver-ness (is that a word?) becomes a bit tougher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts