Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad, who passed away this past year, had a '07 JKU. It hasn't been driven much lately, but back when it was warmer it ran a little hot one day. I checked the engine coolant and it looked to be low. I've looked up and read a few things, but have got mixed comments especially with different year models. I was wondering if you all could tell me specifically which coolant I need to pick up for it.

Which coolant (please be very specific) that can be picked up any most any auto parts store? Preferably one that is pre-mixed.

Can I just add it or do I need have the the system flushed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Seems the be the time for anti-freeze discussions. You'll need HOAT anti-freeze. You can get mopar branded or Prestone makes it as well.

If it is original fluid, you are due for a flush.

Bob

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
X2 with bronco. Chances are it could be the original HOAT coolant in the 07. It's spec'd for 5 yrs. or 100K miles and it will indicate that on the bottle. I use Mopar HOAT in my 10. You can get Mopar HOAT pre-mix 50/50 or full strength on-line or at the dealer. I like using Mopar coolants in JK's; HOAT with an 07. Part # 68048953AB. The coolant you use must meet Chrysler spec. MS-9769G.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts