Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 wrangler transfer case cable . Frezzes solid when it get wet then cold as >>>> . What is the deal do they all do this .. Im going to replace it . I guess any comments ? Thanks

·
The Bad Guy
23,237 Posts
How would changing it prevent it from freezing when it's wet? A frozen cable shouldn't affect anything. Frozen linkage would affect it.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:confused: Don't you mean that it's hard to operate when it's cold-how do you know it's frozen ???

My 07 wrangler transfer case cable . Frezzes solid when it get wet then cold as >>>> . What is the deal do they all do this .. Im going to replace it . I guess any comments ? Thanks
:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cable

Well its a long story but this jeep was stolen and i think it was in water > dont know that for sure as i bought it from ins company / but the reason i think that is i have had several issues related to grounds . And rusted connections , there for if it has been under water i think it gets cold and uyou can not move lever at all . If you let it run for 5= 10 mins its ok then i can shift into 4 wheel and so on . But this is not right . Thats why im going to replace it . I think it is full of mosture ?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:) WOW, been under water--How deep ??

Well its a long story but this jeep was stolen and i think it was in water > dont know that for sure as i bought it from ins company / but the reason i think that is i have had several issues related to grounds . And rusted connections , there for if it has been under water i think it gets cold and uyou can not move lever at all . If you let it run for 5= 10 mins its ok then i can shift into 4 wheel and so on . But this is not right . Thats why im going to replace it . I think it is full of mosture ?
Anywayif it's OK after it warms up, it could be freeze, depending on how cold it gets, but you better check the xfer case fluid too-ATF-4 fluid won't freeze at 32°-

Changing that cable is a job !! and the bushing you'll need is PT# 1-68064273AA

Good luck

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts