Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had noticed lately when I turn the key it would be lfew seconds before starter started cranking.
Now last night get in same thing drove maybe 10 mins turned it off. Came back 20 mins later and dash lights up but starter solenoid doesn't even click. Tried jumping it but result was same dash lights no starter click. It's an 07 rubi manual transmission. Read a bunch of posts but they all seem to be related to autos. I'm grateful for any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could be related to clutch pedal switch. Try throwing it in 4 low and starting it. If that works, the switch that makes sure you put in the clutch to start it might be bad. You can start without the clutch in 4LO, but make sure you're in neutral!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Not 100% on our Jeeps, but I think the mechanical part of the key will turn the engine over, but the electrical part is what allows the ignition to fire up. In other words, if you have a key the will turn the tumbler, it will crank the engine, but with the wrong code it will not start.

If you put it in 4lo and it still did the same then it's not the clutch switch. Have you checked your battery connections. If not, you can try the starter's solenoid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out the starting wire rotted completely off the starter. Ruined the connector. Had to replace starter and put a new connector on the end of the wire. Thanks to all of you that replied

1 - 6 of 6 Posts