Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried starting my rig this morning, got in turned the key...radio came on -normal...lights came on-normal...heater came on-normal. Put my foot on the clutch turned the key...nothin. So i ended up jumpin the starter...works fine...tried listenning to the fuel pump for whizzin and whingin ...nothin......suggestions

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
Maty-h said:
Tried starting my rig this morning, got in turned the key...radio came on -normal...lights came on-normal...heater came on-normal. Put my foot on the clutch turned the key...nothin. So i ended up jumpin the starter...works fine...tried listenning to the fuel pump for whizzin and whingin ...nothin......suggestions
Check your fuses. Could be a blown fuse for your fuel pump

·
Registered
196 Posts
^ this or:

It could be a bad relay on the tranny for the clutch. There is a relay that tells the system the clutch is engaged. Then the computer lets it start. If that relay failed no start. Or its your starter relay. It's in between the ignition/starter circuit. It won't let the starter engage from the ignition.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I jumped the starter several times and it would turn over, im not going to jump the fuel pump. Im thinking an issue with the tipm or antitheft.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
When you "jump" the starter and the engine cranks, but does not start;
you need to be holding the key in the "start" position in order to turn on the fuel. If you just turn the key to the "run" position and crank the engine, it will not start. With a manual, you can also push start it by putting tranny in 2nd or 3rd gear, step on the clutch, have someone push the vehicle up to a few mph, then pop the clutch.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
If you do a search on the no start issue, I have written several posts about how to install a bypass system that will get you going. It is old school technology, but it works every time. Ya just can't have your head parked in a dark place without any of the modern safety lockouts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had my girl in the jeep turnin the key...i know quite a bit about cars/trucks/jeeps. A bypass system isnt needed theyre not quick fixes if i do it i do it right...by unplugging the pcm with the key on. Backprobed ignition system signal wire found less voltage needed. Found the previous owner had someone in there cause there werre a few splices in the wire...zipped those up and plugged pcm back in. Didnt start...reset the iod fuse...then started. Worried it will happen again...they dont make em like they used to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts