Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, just signed up and posting for the first time so take it easy on me. My 07 has a laundry list of problems and I'm not mechanical enough to do this on my own.

When I lifted my jeep, without going into detail I paid someone else to do it, the specs were done horribly wrong. And long story short the company I paid to do it went bankrupt and the owner bailed on almost 100k in credit card fraud.but not before they sold me 2nd rate tires at retail price only to have 2 blow outs in 3 weeks on the freeway to find out all my tires were dry rotted on the inside wheel well.

So it's very clear that to do it right I should have done it myself

I have a pro comp stage 2 4" suspension lift, the drive shafts burnt out at 700 miles because of improper angle, the hard top has started to crack due to stress, the suspension squeaks heinously due to bushings I believe, my rear track bar fell off and needs to be welded back on, and I don't even know where to begin with the rough ride my jeep goes through on the freeway alone.

Just need a little advice on where you think I should begin getting my lovely jeep back on track.

·
Registered
34,437 Posts
If you used a credit card dispute the charges. Where do you live? Find a local club join them and they will help you out. If you where down in South Florida you could play with us. We see stuff like this all the time that is why we help each other and have good places to go to for repairs that we can't do our self's.
Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Welcome .

I think you need to start over

Look into a inexpensive BB. Depending on Jk/JKU stay under 2.5/3" and you should be fine.

The money it's going to cost you to add components that are needed--no gaur guarantee either--start fresh :thumb:

Sorry to here about what happened. Check out the lift sticky a top the page.
Jk's don't need a lot of lift to add bigger tires. Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Are you good on tires now? If not I would get that resolved pronto.

What size tire are you running? May be good to reverse the lift and go with something smaller. A lift that tall will/can require all kinds of other changes. You've already seen this with the driveshafts.

And there is nothing that says you have to do it yourself. Just make sure any shop you use is reputable.

We're here for ya. :)

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Welcome .

I think you need to start over

Look into a inexpensive BB. Depending on Jk/JKU stay under 2.5/3" and you should be fine.

The money it's going to cost you to add components that are needed--no gaur guarantee either--start fresh :thumb:

Sorry to here about what happened. Check out the lift sticky a top the page.
Jk's don't need a lot of lift to add bigger tires. Good luck :)

Unless he still has the stock coils hangiing around the BB ship has sailed. Since he will most likely need to start over, he should go with a quality coil lift, but stay within the height you suggested to eliminate DS issues. Of course hopefully they've been replaced by now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for the info everybody, so to start off a series of questions I have, starting with the most irritating probably because I should know this off hand, but just so I'm clear what is BB?

Any advice on good coil lift? It may have just been the bad shop job but I'm pretty displeased with pro comp

the shop and owner have long since disappeared and wouldn't even know where to begin I'm just focused on getting it back in good shape at this point.

And yes I have replaced the drive shafts from that hot mess that was originally on it to some stronger u joints and haven't looked back since.

The tires I'm running now are 33" hankook all terrains, mainly for the desert but out of it all I'm really impressed with hankook, it's the saving grace in the rough ride I'm dealing with. It was a little pricey but after it all I'll probably remain loyal to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts