Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Jeep freaks, having to pull the motor for a spun rod bearing. Oil consumption issue I'm sure you have talked about already at length on here. Well the search function is not working for me. Maybe it just because I'm using my cell phone ....Idk. my question is this, is there anybody that has done this and documented it? If so I'm looking for some specific help with the trans bolts. I have all out but 1 and its a real bitch. Is there any other way to get these bolts out without a Jack and taking off the cross member and letting it down slightly to access those top bolts? And will that even work? Thanks guys and gals......I really appreciate it........

W.B

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got mine out. I will have to ask my son becouse he is the one that got the trans bolts. I will get back to you on this.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
W.B.

When did you start having issues with your 08? I've got an 08 with just about 30K on it and so far no oil consumption. Just curious if I'm to the point where I probably will not start seeing issues or if it is still a possibility?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy Jeep freaks, having to pull the motor for a spun rod bearing. Oil consumption issue I'm sure you have talked about already at length on here. Well the search function is not working for me. Maybe it just because I'm using my cell phone ....Idk. my question is this, is there anybody that has done this and documented it? If so I'm looking for some specific help with the trans bolts. I have all out but 1 and its a real bitch. Is there any other way to get these bolts out without a Jack and taking off the cross member and letting it down slightly to access those top bolts? And will that even work? Thanks guys and gals......I really appreciate it........

W.B
I was able to reach from the top with a swivel head 18 mm gear wrench. You can also get at them by lowering the trans slightly. I removed the transfer case and rear driveshaft to do this part also.

First time I pulled my engine I pulled the engine and trans together as it was easier in my mind than trying to separate the two with the bellhousing bolts being a royal pain in the arse. Second time was much simpler. Yes I said second time. Two engines in a month (used) and the second time we had the old engine out, donor reassembled and installed and running in 12 hrs. If you have any further questions pm me anytime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. I really appreciate it. I did finally get the last 2 out..there was another one on thus top right I could not see or feel before. I had a friend help and we took cross member off and lowered it enough to get the bolt out. It was a bitch even then. They had that thing so tight that it took me and a friend a breaker bar and both reefing on it to get it off. It sounded like a gunshot when it went. I think you will be good with you oil consumption if you haven't had any issues to date. Just make sure you check it a little more than normally. I was seeing these issues at 15000 miles. Thanks for all the help and if anyone wants a picture of anything particular during or while out let me know ....WB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts