Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my first Jeep (used) as a birthday gift. I have wanted one for years, and my wife finally let me pull the trigger on a "Toy".

This will be a 50/50 weekend warrior/DD, but I am excited to get started buying the fun stuff to put on.

The Cheap Things:
13" Antennex Short Antenna from Amazon.

Batman Spare Tire Cover (Nanananananana)

Sylvanina Headlight Upgrades (Not Pictured)

Awaiting Delivery:

Grabars (Black Finish)
Quadratec Floor Mats
2.5 in Rubicon Express Lift
AEV CA Relocation Bracket

Ordering Soon INPUT NEEDED!!!!:

33 or 35" Duratracs - Advice/suggestions welcome

Wheels- Undecided, Suggestions are appreciated, I am looking mainly for black wheels, but will consider anything. Possible plastidip of stock wheels.

Barricade Front Bumper- Basically decided on this, will order once this shipment is in.

Wench- Heard good things of harbor frieght, or possible a quadratec wench? Suggestions welcome.

More to come!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Purchased my first Jeep (used) as a birthday gift. I have wanted one for years, and my wife finally let me pull the trigger on a "Toy".

This will be a 50/50 weekend warrior/DD, but I am excited to get started buying the fun stuff to put on.

The Cheap Things:
13" Antennex Short Antenna from Amazon.

Batman Spare Tire Cover (Nanananananana)

Sylvanina Headlight Upgrades (Not Pictured)

Awaiting Delivery:

Grabars (Black Finish)
Quadratec Floor Mats
2.5 in Rubicon Express Lift
AEV CA Relocation Bracket

Ordering Soon INPUT NEEDED!!!!:

33 or 35" Duratracs - Advice/suggestions welcome

Wheels- Undecided, Suggestions are appreciated, I am looking mainly for black wheels, but will consider anything. Possible plastidip of stock wheels.

Barricade Front Bumper- Basically decided on this, will order once this shipment is in.

Wench- Heard good things of harbor frieght, or possible a quadratec wench? Suggestions welcome.

More to come!!!
35s hands down. Look through tons of pics threads. 35s just look right. 33s look to small with a 2.5-3 inch lift IMO.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Do you plan on strengthening the front Axel? What about regearing? If no to both I would stick with 33s.

Also seeing that you have an 08 like me. You'll probably want to look into a superchips flashpaq after you add the tires. I've got 33s with 3.73 gears and it drives great now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you plan on strengthening the front Axel? What about regearing? If no to both I would stick with 33s.

Also seeing that you have an 08 like me. You'll probably want to look into a superchips flashpaq after you add the tires. I've got 33s with 3.73 gears and it drives great now.

Regear would be future future. I am runnin 4.10s and I have read it is fine. I have a 6 mile drive to work. Not really worried about losing a lot of top speed.

A flashpaq is something I should edit in there. Maybe a trail dash from superchips.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Regear would be future future. I am runnin 4.10s and I have read it is fine. I have a 6 mile drive to work. Not really worried about losing a lot of top speed.

A flashpaq is something I should edit in there. Maybe a trail dash from superchips.
Since you have the 4.10s I wouldn't hesitate as much to go with the 35's. I think you'll be really happy with the look and function.

I noticed the Barricade bumpers on your list. Let me know if you'd like a quote on those and I'll save you a few bucks on your build!

-Ryan

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you have the 4.10s I wouldn't hesitate as much to go with the 35's. I think you'll be really happy with the look and function.

I noticed the Barricade bumpers on your list. Let me know if you'd like a quote on those and I'll save you a few bucks on your build!

-Ryan

Ryan, I would like a quote for The trail force HD front bumper, shipping is to 46917.

Thanks,

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grabars got installed this weekend. Lift hook in this weekend.

Loving these grabars

Ordered:
New quadratec floor mats so I can rip the carpet out.

Awaiting order:
Bumper- decided on a barricade bumper. Seeing where the best deal is. Hopefully ordering soon

Wheels and tires- Decided on duratracs Probably looking around mayish

Wench- last on my list looking into the HF or quadratec wench.

Attachments

·
6,005 Posts
Ryan, I would like a quote for The trail force HD front bumper, shipping is to 46917.

Thanks,
Grabars got installed this weekend. Lift hook in this weekend.

Loving these grabars

Ordered:
New quadratec floor mats so I can rip the carpet out.

Awaiting order:
Bumper- decided on a barricade bumper. Seeing where the best deal is. Hopefully ordering soon

Wheels and tires- Decided on duratracs Probably looking around mayish

Wench- last on my list looking into the HF or quadratec wench.
I'll shoot you a PM with a quote on the bumper now!

-Ryan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks nice man. I would advise you to go with 35s. 33s plain and simple look small on JKs and many guys regret not going straight to 35s. I also have no clue why some guys on hear whine about 35s with 373s. My Jeep has plenty of get up with my 35s and I have 373s. Go for them!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks nice man. I would advise you to go with 35s. 33s plain and simple look small on JKs and many guys regret not going straight to 35s. I also have no clue why some guys on hear whine about 35s with 373s. My Jeep has plenty of get up with my 35s and I have 373s. Go for them!

Thats the big debate here with me, I am afraid that if I get 33s I would say "wish I got 35s". That being said, I doubt if I got 35s I would say "I should have gotten the 33s"

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good, what are your thoughts on the front bumper? Construction, fitment, etc. Looking at ideas for mine down the road and barricade is one I'm considering.

I am happy with it, Getting the old one off was 10x harder than mounting the new one. The construction is solid, I am a big guy, and today I was showing a buddy and we got to talking and I just sat on the corner, didnt feel flimsy one bit.

The fitment is perfect, like I said I had to do some cutting of the plastic to get the only one off (one of the bolts was just free spinning between the plastic), and finally when it gave way, it lined up just right.

Mounting the fog lights, if your like me and have larger fingers, getting the small nuts and bolts through the brackets is tough, but not impossible.

The one negative I have to say is some shipping damage. Its really not the bumpers fault, but I had some paint flake off from shipping, which seems to be a common complaint when you read reviews. Nothing a little rattle can cant take care of.

I ordered the rear bumper yesterday, pics of that to come.

·
6,005 Posts
Rear barricade HD bumper should be here today!!!

Also Arriving today is a 21" led light bar, that will hopefully mount on my bull bar.

Great support/service with ExtremeTerrain by the way.
I'm glad we got you hooked up with the parts for your build! It's really coming together. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

-Ryan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts