Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may be missing one of the L handles used to secure the hard top on my 08 unlimited. Can someone tell me how many there are?

Looks like according to the manual there are 2 on the drivers panel above the window and one above the shoulder belt and on the passengers side there is 1 on the front above the window and one above the shoulder belt. Is this correct?

also, on the Latches above the windshield, do those go onto the U bracket or past it? It's a bit hard to explain, kind of like latches on portable tool boxes. Do they go past the U shaped piece and lock in under the U shaped piece or is it supposed to sit on top of the U shaped piece?

- Dan M

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I have 08. There's 3 L-shaped on drivers panel plus the above the windshield. Plus the screw-in bolt. My L-handles located 2 above drivers head L&R shoulder area, and 1 on the R forward middle, plus the front windshield metal clasp.

On the passenger side there is just one, above the right shoulder.

The latches just grab onto the U bracket when the top is sitting it it's proper position. Don't over think this, I had the same question until using it a few times. It's perfectly positioned, and if it doesn't fit right then your top is not right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts