Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how much it is to change a head gasket in a Jeep JK and if just losing antifreeze on Highway 300 mile trips is a sign the headgasket is going. no antifreeze in the oil no smoke out the tailpipe and no signs of a leak. but getting off the highway after highway speed 60 miles an hour and you stopped the temperature climbs up and it goes back down. thinking about using a titan head gasket sealer rather than going through changing the whole headgasket for over $1,000. Car only has 90,000 miles on it and with replacing two Transmissions lines two coils three oxygen sensors for calipers crank positioning sensor cam positioning sensor. I think I've had enough. Question is do those head gasket sealers work if it's not that bad.

·
Registered
810 Posts
For about $40 you can get a test kit to see if the headgasket it leaking. It's about 90-95% accurate. It's called OEMTOOLS™ 27145 Block Tester. Most Autozone's carry it. Really simple to use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts