Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There two different things I'm having issues with. The first is every morning when I take off after my jeep hasn't ran for a few hours, it always makes this really loud clicking noise. I'm sure it's nothing major, it's just annoying and it does it for about a mile every time I press the gas.
Second: I've had a bunch of different opinions about this and I haven't figured out where to start. A few months ago every once in a while my ABS, ESP BAS, and my traction control lights would all come on. It happened very rarely, mainly when I hit a bump funny. Also, when I would hit my brake going around a turn, my traction control would flash like my wheels are spinning. That was the first thing to start acting weird. Now, the lights are constantly on and obviously my ABS and my traction control don't work. I don't know if it's a senor or what.
08 JK 2 door, Automatic, 4" rough country lift, 35" tires.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The first part, could be a number of things. And trust me everyone has those sounds that drive them nuts. I get one fixed another shows up.

For the second part it sounds like your wheel speed ABS sensor is bad. You can get a reader that reads abs codes to tell you exactly which one. Sometimes you can tell just how the car pulls if you had to lock it up (use ABS). Its a fairly simple replacement. A new sensor is about 20 bucks.

edit** I just replaced mine this last weekend. Although I ended up replacing the whole wheel bearing (comes with the sensor). The whole wheel bearing isn't a bad idea if they haven't been changed. They run about 90 bucks, with the sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue

Thanks for the help. My '08 Wrangler Sahara is doing the exact same thing with the ABS lights. I haven't noticed an issue with braking or using the ABS. I will check out the Sensor first and then the bearing. I wonder if this is a common issue with the '08 as I have had a lot of weird issues electronically with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts