Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought this Wrangler and it seems to look taller then the stock pics I find.
I've tried searching how to tell if it's lifted, but have only found 2 posts that help. However they list 2 different measurements.
Both say to measure from the axle tube to bottom of Frame. one says stock is 5in, the other says 6in.
Mine is 7.5in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found a post listing measurements from center axle to fender.
Stock is 20.5 front 21.5 rear
Mine is 24 front 23 rear
Anyone help on this?
Am I lifted and if so how much?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Based on your own numbers 1-1/2" - 2-1/2".

But given that there are different spring rates and depending on some other factors, I don't know that you can definitively rely on a constant "stock" measurement.

Look at the springs. Are they black? Do they have factory labels? Is there spacers? Any other sign of after market parts? Control arms, sway bar links? Track bar?

Post a pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before I got the Wrangler it went thru an Auction where they sprayed the undercarriage. The only thing that I can tell is that someone put shock boots. (Shocks white boots red).
Other than that nothing I can tell. Looks like maybe a 1" front puck but not sure.
Tomorrow I'll throw it on the lift to get a better look.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Before I got the Wrangler it went thru an Auction where they sprayed the undercarriage. The only thing that I can tell is that someone put shock boots. (Shocks white boots red). Other than that nothing I can tell. Looks like maybe a 1" front puck but not sure. Tomorrow I'll throw it on the lift to get a better look.
The two biggest brands with those colored shocks would be skyjacker and rancho

·
Registered
648 Posts
You definitely have a lift, and it looks like a spacer lift. My 08 Sahara Unlimited was 21" from the center of the wheel to the fender stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you.
I didn't get a chance to get it on my lifts today but I believe it does have a lift. Tho its not the lift I want.
So I'll be adding a 3in when I can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts