Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I have a conundrum, and I need help deducing how to fix it! I know I'm in the right place for help/advice/thoughts!!

I have the 08 JK Unlimited Sahara, and it has the factory Daytime Running Lights (DRL's). The issue is, I recently upgraded the headlights to LED Projector style (With Halo's), and when the DRL's come on, the jeep gives a limited amount of power to the headlights so the ballast for the new headlights buzzes, and the lights flicker ridiculously.

I've taken the Jeep to my local MOPAR dealer, and they hooked up their machine to it, and saw that since it was a Canadian Jeep, that the E-box was set to "Rest of World" and the option to disable the DRL's was not available. He changed the box to be "US" and still, the lights were not able to be turned off.

My question is, is there a module, relay, or something that I can "Alter" in such a way that the DRL's become disabled?

Somebody has to have the answer! Help a fellow Jeeper out!!

- Dan

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
You should be able to change the DRL setting with a Procal, which gives you the option of using low beams, fog lights or front running lights (turn signals). The adjustment will also enable any of the choices to 1/2 power so you would probably have to use the fogs or running lights as your DRL's because you'll have the same problem if you use low beams. It seems like a Procal will work because in their User Guide they mention not to change DRL's unless you first check if you're able to make the adjustment in a country with specific DRL laws such as Canada. That tells me it can be done on a Canadian spec'd JK. A Procal can also disable DRL's if you prefer not to have them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts