Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did the 2008 wranglers have a recall on the clock spring. im pretty positive my clock spring is bad. i had a buddy tell me they had recall. can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Yes. For Right Hand Drive JK's: CHRYSLER GROUP LLC (CHRYSLER) IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2008-2012 JEEP WRANGLER RIGHT-HAND DRIVE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FEBRUARY 1, 2007, THROUGH OCTOBER 10, 2011. THE AFFECTED VEHICLES HAVE AIRBAG CLOCKSPRING ASSEMBLIES THAT COULD EXPERIENCE BROKEN AIRBAG CIRCUITS.

It does happen on some left hand drive 08 JK's, but it's not covered under the recall.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it dont make any since they recalled the right and not the left u would think they would fix this since its a saftey issue. i have been reading online after this post and seems like it is a common problem. Really who would of thought. i hope i dont wreck and die because chrysler dont know how to build stuff right. im thinking about calling them up on this.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Not that common I guess. I haven't had any problems and don't know anyone personally that has. I've only heard a handful of people on the forums in the last 8 years that have had a clock spring issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know of lots of people with this issue, had mine replaced once. Recently went out again. My sons is out (2007, mines an 08).
Supposedly there may be a recall soon on this issue for other than right hand drive. I agree its BS that they recognize its an issue on RHD but wont on the left hand drive.
Hope all the reports and complaints to NHTSB will result in a fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts