Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure from all I've read that there should be no issue with an '08 soft top fitting on an '11, but wanted to get confirmation from y'all if possible.

I know what hardware I need to look for, etc, etc, but just want to be sure that I won't have fitment issues.

Thanks!

Rich

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, this moved down the page quickly today! :)

Bump?

I'm 99.9% sure that the answer is YES, since the Bestop Supertop NX is listed as 07-11, leading me to believe that there are no changes to the body, etc. that would make it not fit.

I hope so, anyway, as I took a leap and bought one off CL.....new.....$300. SCORE! :)

Thanks!

Rich

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
Yes it will fit. As long as you get all of the hardware that is needed, you'll have no problem.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tysalem said:
Yes it will fit. As long as you get all of the hardware that is needed, you'll have no problem.
Thanks for the reassurance, Tysalem!! Glad i didn't just acquire a paperweight!

Rich

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for reference if anyone tries this..... I got the top, and all the parts, they had never been installed. Finally got the chance to put them on my Jeep, and everything went very smoothly (somewhat slow on getting it all together the first time, but that will change with practice.)

One fitment item of note, however!! I was showing the top to a friend (who had never seen a soft top Wrangler?!?!?!) and I noticed looking from the outside that the front of the top, at about the middle of the windshield, was not sitting flush with the top of the windshield. I had noticed more wind noise than expected on my test drive with the top, so took a close look inside and out. It seems that there was some design modification between years, and the molded cut out in the plastic on the inside/front of the top (the part that holds the clamps) does not match up in position with the footman loop on the top/inside of the windshield frame (the one used to tie the windshield down to the corresponding loop on the hood when folded down.) Easy fix, of course, remove the footman loop! This requires snapping the plastic molding off that covers the two T20 bolts, and about 30 seconds of effort to get each bolt out.

Other than that, the top fits just fine, and I will enjoy the second top option on my Jeep!

Rich

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up post on fitment.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just for reference if anyone tries this..... I got the top, and all the parts, they had never been installed. Finally got the chance to put them on my Jeep, and everything went very smoothly (somewhat slow on getting it all together the first time, but that will change with practice.)

One fitment item of note, however!! I was showing the top to a friend (who had never seen a soft top Wrangler?!?!?!) and I noticed looking from the outside that the front of the top, at about the middle of the windshield, was not sitting flush with the top of the windshield. I had noticed more wind noise than expected on my test drive with the top, so took a close look inside and out. It seems that there was some design modification between years, and the molded cut out in the plastic on the inside/front of the top (the part that holds the clamps) does not match up in position with the footman loop on the top/inside of the windshield frame (the one used to tie the windshield down to the corresponding loop on the hood when folded down.) Easy fix, of course, remove the footman loop! This requires snapping the plastic molding off that covers the two T20 bolts, and about 30 seconds of effort to get each bolt out.

Other than that, the top fits just fine, and I will enjoy the second top option on my Jeep!

Rich
Yep. They moved the footman loop ('09 I believe). When I put my 2008 top on my 2010, I just filed down the plastic of the soft top header where the footman loop would hit. No more problems!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts