Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if I need to get 2 inch motor mint lift so I don't have to lower radiater shroud and screw around with the linkages not the transfer case. Not sure where to go please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I'm an idiot. I won't hit fan on radiater because it's an electric fan but my shifter for transfer case might hit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm doing it in steps I guess. I plan on jacking it up pretty good. I'm doing a body lift first then a suspension. But I was just wondering if there is something like an extension for my transfer case shifting rod. If not I'm going to cut it and weld one on.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm doing it in steps I guess. I plan on jacking it up pretty good. I'm doing a body lift first then a suspension. But I was just wondering if there is something like an extension for my transfer case shifting rod. If not I'm going to cut it and weld one on.

Dude, why even bother with the body lifts unless your trying to get the tummy above the ground?

In that case, rolling with bigger tires and a good 2.5-4 lift will save you from many problems.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm just doing the body for looks. Plus maybe some 38s this winter

My friend, I really recommend you not do this. There are so many woes you will run into. Look up how these things are installed.

Body looks????? Dude a body lift makes all the seams on the Jeep visible and you will see gaps everywhere!!

Look into 3.5 lifts and flat fenders. Enough room for even 38s

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
My friend, I really recommend you not do this. There are so many woes you will run into. Look up how these things are installed.

Body looks????? Dude a body lift makes all the seams on the Jeep visible and you will see gaps everywhere!!

Look into 3.5 lifts and flat fenders. Enough room for even 38s
This. If you MUST get some extra height from a body lift, keep it to an inch max. Most JK's run all suspension.

I know a lot of TJs run body lifts but even they keep it to no more than 1.25", or at least the smart/knowledgeable guys do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put the 2 inch body lift in yesterday. I didn't have any of the issues I was worried about. So the issues I have now is that my airbag light is on and my traction control and esp light came on and stays on. Now what?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts