Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 With92k miles.
I have replaced the cap, the green evap can o-ring and the purge valve--still have the light on. What next??

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but these are the parts associated with an 09 Evap. system. Jeep Wrangler JK Vapor Canister Parts 07-11 - Quadratec
If the problem has been resolved the light is supposed to turn off, but it can take up to 3 on/off start cycles driving at least 15-20 minutes in between. One of the big box auto stores should be able to clear the light if it doesn't re-set on it's own. If that doesn't work you might have to have a smoke test done in order to determine if there's still a leak and where it might be coming from. It's possible that there could also be a problem with the vapor canister.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When my '09 did that it turned out to be the ESIM sensor itself. In my experience the big box stores will use a scanner on your vehicle only to tell you the code. They won't clear codes to reset the check engine light. Your results may vary depending on how well you know the guy holding the scanner. I wound up buying an inexpensive code scanner, the Autel MS 309 for under twenty bucks off eBay and haven't regretted it. No, you won't do any advanced diagnostics with it but it'll let you know what trouble codes you have and let you turn off the check engine light if you want. It'll also monitor live data but I haven't had to try that yet. It's also small enough to keep in your glove box.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
When my '09 did that it turned out to be the ESIM sensor itself. In my experience the big box stores will use a scanner on your vehicle only to tell you the code. They won't clear codes to reset the check engine light. Your results may vary depending on how well you know the guy holding the scanner. I wound up buying an inexpensive code scanner, the Autel MS 309 for under twenty bucks off eBay and haven't regretted it. No, you won't do any advanced diagnostics with it but it'll let you know what trouble codes you have and let you turn off the check engine light if you want. It'll also monitor live data but I haven't had to try that yet. It's also small enough to keep in your glove box.

Where did you get the ESIM sensor and how much. I think this could be my problem as well. I have a superchips flashpaqs to clear the code

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cleared the light yesterday with a superchips and I came back on as soon as I put it in drive. This morning I got in the drive home from work -light is off .
Fingers crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts