Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I'm new to owning a jeep and this forum as well. Got an 09 Jeep wrangler X with the 3.8L v6 2 door. I've noticed while driving lately a squeaking noise coming out of the rear end. Unsure what previous owners did with it or what axles it has. Took it back to the dealership and they didn't hear it. When I mentioned it to them they drove it and heard nothing and looked at me like I was nuts. Any information will be greatly appreciated! It's not when I'm braking. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Have somebody jump on the rear bumper while you listen. Try to wiggle the tires too. Some times the braking setup can squeak (mine does)
Check swaybar links
Shock mounts
Control arm bushings.

Try using a spray grease. Never tried it .. White lithium grease is often mentioned.
Try Fluid film .. Not only a rust preventer but awesome lubricant.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It could be as simple as the heat shield over the muffler is loose. That's common. It's aluminum and can be adjusted if it's touching the frame.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If it is a squeaking sound I would look for a rubber issue, and use a silicone based spray or a lithium white grease spray, and check the shocks too.I think just about any spray lube will be effective, if you can find the right spot to spray it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally had chance to check it, it was the rear brake pads. We're wearing uneven. All fixed now with new pads and everything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts