Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

No dealer within 300 miles has what I am looking for, so my local dealer is ordering exactly what I want from the factory and has quoted me $1,000 below invoice.

I'm looking at the following:
JKU Sport S
Chief blue
Manual
Connectivity package
Max tow package
Black hardtop

For $32,821 plus TTL (When I do order I'm going to add the trac-lok diff which should bump it up about $441)

It beats the tread lightly 1% below invoice deal - is this a good deal?

thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I mean, it may be OK, depending on where you're from. For instance, here in Florida, it's hard to get a decent discount. Most people shoot for 5-6% below invoice, from what I've seen on here. Koons in VA, where we got our JKU this year, offers 6% off invoice on everything but the most expensive models as their standard for everyone. That applies to factory orders, too.

One suggestion: Get the 3.73 gears, especially if you plan to increase tire size. Unless you're planning to go huge, in which case you'll want to go aftermarket anyway.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I mean, it may be OK, depending on where you're from. For instance, here in Florida, it's hard to get a decent discount. Most people shoot for 5-6% below invoice, from what I've seen on here. Koons in VA, where we got our JKU this year, offers 6% off invoice on everything but the most expensive models as their standard for everyone. That applies to factory orders, too.

One suggestion: Get the 3.73 gears, especially if you plan to increase tire size. Unless you're planning to go huge, in which case you'll want to go aftermarket anyway.
The 3.73's are part of the MAX TOW Pkg. I've been building these non stop on the Jeep site, haha. It's not a bad deal, it works out to about 150 bucks for the factory installed hitch and wiring when you subtract the stand alone price of the gears alone.

To order just the standard tow pkg for 495 bucks is ludicrous, however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments - I appreciate the input.

I had thought of just ordering the 3.73's and doing the hitch and wiring myself, but as StuntmanMike said the the added cost very reasonable (based invoice #'s the extra cost is only about $130).

The offer on paper is just about 3% below invoice, I'll try to get a little more - although I suck at haggling!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for the comments - I appreciate the input.

I had thought of just ordering the 3.73's and doing the hitch and wiring myself, but as StuntmanMike said the the added cost very reasonable (based invoice #'s the extra cost is only about $130).

The offer on paper is just about 3% below invoice, I'll try to get a little more - although I suck at haggling!

I've seen some folks order via Koon's and calculate the cost of the trip into their final total cost for the deal. Maybe you could do that calculation and use it as a bargaining chip locally? Not sure what your travel costs would be or whether it would eat up any potential savings you might get for going with Koon's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if that is a "great deal". I purchased my Chief Blue 2017 Black Bear: auto, connectivity pkg, heated seats, auto-start, upgraded Alpine 9 speaker w/ sub, BFG KO2's, black-hard-top, power all-access - for $31.5K including T&L. (only 13 miles on it) It took a fair amount of negotiating (3 days back-forth) but I got it done. I would push for another grand off.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Your dealer is basically giving you what's called a net/net deal. It's not a bad deal at all and if you're happy that's all that counts. If you go through Koons you can get 6% below invoice on a factory order, but you have to decide if traveling up to VA is worth your time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your dealer is basically giving you what's called a net/net deal. It's not a bad deal at all and if you're happy that's all that counts. If you go through Koons you can get 6% below invoice on a factory order, but you have to decide if traveling up to VA is worth your time and money.

Don't forget to add the high document and closing cost fees that Koons charges. It is 2-3 times the industry standard.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Don't forget to add the high document and closing cost fees that Koons charges. It is 2-3 times the industry standard.

If you mean Doc Fees - yes they are expensive, but it's pretty much standard here in the South and East coast. I pay $489 at my local dealer and if I remember correctly Koons is $699. When I lived in Chicago I think it was like $99.

I'm not sure what a closing cost is? Although Wranglers are getting close to the same cost as some homes :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not sure if that is a "great deal". I purchased my Chief Blue 2017 Black Bear: auto, connectivity pkg, heated seats, auto-start, upgraded Alpine 9 speaker w/ sub, BFG KO2's, black-hard-top, power all-access - for $31.5K including T&L. (only 13 miles on it) It took a fair amount of negotiating (3 days back-forth) but I got it done. I would push for another grand off.
where?

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
If it isn't at least $4K below sticker, I walk away.

When I see $32K+ for a Sport with a manual trans being a good deal my head starts to spin at how much they've raised the prices on these JKs.

The sticker on my 2009 JKU Sahara was $33.8K. My OTD price was $28.5K.:nonono:

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
So what's your point?

2009 was eight years ago.

I bought my 2014 Rubicon for $29.5 OTD.

But I understand that prices go up over time and wouldn't expect to buy that same Jeep today, only 3 years later, for the same amount let alone 9 years later.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So what's your point?

2009 was eight years ago.

I bought my 2014 Rubicon for $29.5 OTD.

But I understand that prices go up over time and wouldn't expect to buy that same Jeep today, only 3 years later, for the same amount let alone 9 years later.
Its a sad day when we accept things should increase yearly.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Its a sad day when we accept things should increase yearly.
Yeah, apparently if we bought an iPhone 7 when it 1st came out then we should expect the price to go up on the same phone 5 years later with the same old and outdated technology still in it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If it isn't at least $4K below sticker, I walk away.

When I see $32K+ for a Sport with a manual trans being a good deal my head starts to spin at how much they've raised the prices on these JKs.

What dealer took almost 25% off the sticker for a vehicle thats in high enough demand they practically sell themselves? I got a pretty sweet deal on my '17 but no where near that amount. Good find!

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
What dealer took almost 25% off the sticker for a vehicle thats in high enough demand they practically sell themselves? I got a pretty sweet deal on my '17 but no where near that amount. Good find!
Jim Riehl's Friendly Chrysler Jeep in Warren, MI.

It took some effort on my part in putting 2 dealerships up against each other to get my business.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think its a good deal for my area anyway. I looked and haggled with 5-6 dealer in a 200 mile radius, and most just wanted to do invoice, or 1% below. I think at 3% below, give or take, is decent in most places.

During my quest, I happened upon my HR with 325 miles on it used a state away. Saved about 16% of the sticker price.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts