Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to replace shocks on my 2015 2dr JK and I'm looking on Fox 2.0 Performance with external reservoirs. My biggest concern is - the spec for this shocks says "For Use with 1.5-3.5" Lift Kits" however I have no lift and would really like to keep my JK "not lifted".

Is there any potential issues with installing shocks built for "1.5-3.5" lift on s zero-lift truck? Like having shocks too compressed which would reduce their life time, or do I need new bump-stops?

Registered
Welcome!

It's possible they could compress too much. Several 1.5" lifts come with 1" bump stop extensions. You could probably throw on an inch or two of extended bump stop. Easier to add in the rear than the front since front bump stops live inside the springs.

Also keep in mind that shocks are usually the thing that limit how far your axle can travel downward. If you go off roading, long travel shocks may allow your stock front driveshaft to hit the exhaust (which can melt the accordion boot on the driveshaft). Also flexing a long way can damage through Rzeppa joints on the stock driveshaft. In practice you'd probably not have to worry about the increased down travel unless you drive places a Subaru shouldn't be driving 馃檪

Super Moderator
It is time to replace shocks on my 2015 2dr JK and I'm looking on Fox 2.0 Performance with external reservoirs. My biggest concern is - the spec for this shocks says "For Use with 1.5-3.5" Lift Kits" however I have no lift and would really like to keep my JK "not lifted".

Is there any potential issues with installing shocks built for "1.5-3.5" lift on s zero-lift truck? Like having shocks too compressed which would reduce their life time, or do I need new bump-stops?
What I see is that shock up front has a listed compressed length of 15.2" and an extended length of 24.8".
The rear has a compressed length of 14.85" and an extended length of 24.45".
This is pretty close to the stock compressed length, and that is what really counts as far as your concern goes. With a 1" bump stop spacer up front you should be fine. I would not run those shocks without the extra bumpstop up front, based on the measurements I took of my stock shocks compressed (14.125" F / 14.75" R). The rear is really close, but the front is an inch longer compressed than stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts